AVIC411.com

Antenna question F700BT

I am excited that I just bought a 700 and it will be here in a few days, I plan to install it in my 2003 4runner and will post pics. I would like to use the steering wheel control interface but my question is about the bluetooth. I really want to install the antenna correctly, and would be ok running the wire behind the dash and up near the roof and would drill through the roof. The issue I seem to have is I would like to get an antenna that screws through the roof, isnt too large and with a gasket and silicone I have no worries about leakage. All the antennas seem to be geared to run the wire on the edge of the antenna in my application I would lik to run it straight down through the hole.

Any ideas where to get this, or if this is just a waste? Thank you

I could be wrong but I don't think the bluetooth has anything to do with the antenna. As far as mounting it, I mounted both my nav and satillite antennas on the roof, drilling a hole, and using a grommet and a little silicone and haven't had any leakage. The magnets in the antennas hold them in place real well.

You don't have to drill through the roof at all.

Carefully route the wire along the window seals (for example) and then through the door jamb, where it wont get kinked. Easy to remove if you need to, and no whole to potentially cause any problems. Also if you decide to sell the vehicle there will be a hole left behind.

That receiver isn't for Bluetooth, it's the GPS antenna.

While they make a big deal about it being external, don't be so quick to be drilling holes, I have mine on the top of the dash facing up and out the windshield, and it works fine, gets about 6 satellites, and has yet to not get a solid lock on the signal.

For those wondering, I just fed the lead in between the seam of the defroster outlet and the dash, worked great, and no drilling holes.

Diane

You can put the gps/xm antenna's in the rear window dash, or front window dash as well, unless of course you have tint that will block it. I have both xm and gps antenna in the rear window, works perfectly fine.

It's magnetic, dont' destroy your car for a gps antenna for a stereo you may well get rid of or sell the car at some point.