AVIC411.com

Whats the difference between these car stereos/navi units??

f500

f700

f900

I can't figure it out and best buys and circuit cities comparisons suck

500 is just nav and bluetooth,has no stereo functions at all

700 has cd and stereo functions as well as Ipod and Cd changer/xm/sirius IE JUST LIKE A FULL FUNCTION STEREO.

But has no DVD playback.

900 Has all Headunit functions AND DVD.

Go to pioneers website and u can compare the 3 different models

So you went from bestbuy.com to avic411.com but didn't bother to take a look at pioneerelectronics.com? Eh, isn't that kinda like getting to know a girl friend by asking friends and neighbors instead of her family that knows her best?

haha, bad comparison but seriously, if you buy a tv, or a tivo, or a cell phone you don't check out their own website, first?

Just thought i'd point that out, its common sense to be, but eh, guess that's not common sense for everyone,

alos, you could of searched that for more information, or hell even googled it.

Fun stuff.

Beware that F900BT has the VSS wire with Gyro & G-Force while F700Bt doesn't have that.

So I assume that the 900 can do dead reckoning and 700 can't.

This is the kind of this that is not evident when your a mid-noob like me.

I'm still looking for small difference like these.

Charles

I'm still trying to figure out the difference between the 90 and the 900. According to the comaprison chart, they are exactly the same. Yet the 90 cost $100 more. Why is that?

More options come free with it, different preamp outputs, and if I remember right, longer warranty, guys, feel free to add if I missed anything.

Diane

I'm still trying to figure out the difference between the 90 and the 900. According to the comaprison chart, they are exactly the same. Yet the 90 cost $100 more. Why is that?

The 90 comes with the iPod cable (CD-IU230V), the 900 doesn't

The 90 has Hi-Volt Pre-Outs x3 (4.0V) The 900 has 2.2V Pre-Outs.

The 90 comes with a two year warranty. The 900 has a one year.

The 90 can only be purchased from an authorized Pioneer Premier dealer. The 900 can be purchased from a authorized regular Pioneer dealer. Beware buying Pioneer products on ebay. Here's Pioneers wording on this subject.........

Pioneer does NOT offer a manufacturer's limited warranty for products purchased from anyone who is not an authorized dealer and it does NOT offer rebates or other special opportunities for products purchased from anyone who is not an authorized dealer. Pioneer is not able to identify all persons and companies who claim to be authorized Pioneer dealers.

Pioneer does NOT authorize any of its dealers to sell new products on eBay. Pioneer's agreements with its dealers prohibit sales on eBay. Accordingly, Pioneer does not offer its limited manufacturer's warranty or rebates for products purchased from any dealers on eBay.

So eh, what does the f500 do now? I also want to know what is the difference between the 700, 900 and 90.

YOu mean I should read what was posted above? Why on earth would I want to do that? YOU mean, I could search at pioneerelectronics.com and look at this link to see them as well? You mean, they even have a compare model link as well! HOly shit no kidding! And all the models are available via a drop down list on the left side of the page?

You mean, information like this is available on the official website?

AVIC-F90BT

Premier In-Dash Navigation AV Receiver with DVD Playback and Built-In Bluetooth

* Use your voice to control your iPod® and phone calls

* iPod® Audio/Video Cable (CD-IU230V) included

* Hi-Volt Pre-Outs x3 (4.0V)

Suggested Price: $1,200.00

AVIC-F900BT

In-Dash Navigation AV Receiver with DVD Playback and Built-In Bluetooth

* Play music from your iPod® and make hands-free Bluetooth® phone calls just using your voice

* USB Direct Control for portable media

Suggested Price: $1,100.00

AVIC-F700BT

In-Dash Navigation AV Receiver with CD Player and Built-In Bluetooth

* Use your voice to make calls and control your iPod®

* Built-In SD Card Slot

* USB Direct Control for portable media

Suggested Price: $850.00

And you mean, there are 3 pages of specifications for each one on pioneers site as well? NO kidding!

Well I guess I should go check out that websie now eh? And come back with specific questions, perhpas not mentioned on the site? Huh, ok.

Man that pioneer website sure is helpful, perhaps everyone should check it out? Thanks pioneerelectroics.com! ;D

Silly, silly, cranbers - actually TRYING to be sarcasticlly intelligent on THIS site!? Don't be reeediculous!

Folks either get it or they never will, don't you know! LOL!

I give you props though, your amount of effort to the OP exceeds by 10-fold their effort on these units. Sad as that is.

Now let's start a pool on how long it will take him/her to post up on what a POS these are because they can't do one of the 206 things they "think" it should do!

:lol: