AVIC411.com

2.2Volt Vs. 4Volt

I have done a search or seven without finding a direct response on this, so bear with me.

I just got a new car and I think I'm going to order the f90bt this week. I'm going to piece together a complete system over the next year or so, including two amps, a mono for a sub and a 4-channel for the doors. The 4-channel will likely be the last component. What I'd like to know is, will the 4V pre out on the f90bt improve the quality of my bass, when that will initially be the only thing amped? I think I'm sold on the 4V's of the f90bt simply because I want to have the potential to do all I can do over the long run. This isn't another "is it or isn't it worth it," post, I just want to hear if the 4V's will immediately help out an amped sub?

Because if not, I can save the money right now, get the f700 instead, and get a faster start on the rest of the system, financially speaking. Thanks a lot for the response.

I have done a search or seven without finding a direct response on this, so bear with me.

I just got a new car and I think I'm going to order the f90bt this week. I'm going to piece together a complete system over the next year or so, including two amps, a mono for a sub and a 4-channel for the doors. The 4-channel will likely be the last component. What I'd like to know is, will the 4V pre out on the f90bt improve the quality of my bass, when that will initially be the only thing amped? I think I'm sold on the 4V's of the f90bt simply because I want to have the potential to do all I can do over the long run. This isn't another "is it or isn't it worth it," post, I just want to hear if the 4V's will immediately help out an amped sub?

Because if not, I can save the money right now, get the f700 instead, and get a faster start on the rest of the system, financially speaking. Thanks a lot for the response.

this is just my opinion from an amateur audiophile

4 volt pre-outs are totally unnecessary for a sub woofer unless you're going the competition route because.. well you can't hear anything and even if the preamp signal was slightly degraded, you'd never really know since you're feeling the airwaves and can't really know if something was clipped or distorted by the fault of the signal

4 volt pre-outs are a good idea, but not necessary, for mids and highs because the signal is stronger, cleaner and more robust against interference

if anyone has a better explanation or opinion, thats the best i can do

I was also pondering that also, get the 4v or 2.2v, i was talking to a friend and he told me to get somting like this, I dont know if i would get this one specificaly or not, but just somting to show you, this one i think is a 7v preouts...amps up your current set up and you can go from there. Ive seen some over 10v outs, he said he had his systems pushing 10+ and it came alive like no other....so when i do amp up some componets, Ill THEN buy somting like this, but for the mean time, im waiting to install my 900bt

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio ... ctID=19612

I was also pondering that also, get the 4v or 2.2v, i was talking to a friend and he told me to get somting like this, I dont know if i would get this one specificaly or not, but just somting to show you, this one i think is a 7v preouts...amps up your current set up and you can go from there. Ive seen some over 10v outs, he said he had his systems pushing 10+ and it came alive like no other....so when i do amp up some componets, Ill THEN buy somting like this, but for the mean time, im waiting to install my 900bt

shennanigans

the output voltage of the RCAs isn't a life altering thing, you will do fine even with 2.2s :)

shennanigans

the output voltage of the RCAs isn't a life altering thing, you will do fine even with 2.2s :)

I have always gone with the higher voltage output pioneer head units because of the other feature sets involved with the head units themselves . I do like the voltage headroom when setting up the amps and the rest of the system but.... The f90bt and the f900bt are not audiophile radios like my 9800bt, or deh-p850 or deh-p860 where. The f90bt will give you higher voltage but no true way to take advantage of it. I think it was my 850 that came with a microphone that tuned each speaker/channel independently to give you a true sound. It was cool then but overkill unless you where in competition, so in the end I don't mind dumbing down to the f90bt.

look at the other feature sets and figure out what you need. I use to tune my radios so that I could turn them all the way up without distortion. 4volts will help with that but pretty much only in that scenario or in competition. If you're going with high-end components then go for the 4volt.

If you compare the f700bt and the f900bt(of f90bt) you should only be concerned with feature sets. I like the ability to watch movies and play MP3's off of DVD. You may not need that though.

Sorry if I muddied the waters...

The benefit to higher voltage is reducing the chance of picking up and hearing induced noise to the amplifier, the lower the voltage, the more amount you should be turning the gains up. Thats it. The reset is marketing.

I'm sure you will get the guy on here saying it's much louder, or somehow it's magically changing the quality of the sound originating from the headunit. It's not. Yes, it will be loader if you leave the gains on the amp up or at the same position you would have it at 2 volts.

Use a quality rca, and you'll be fine. Don't turn on the deck untill you know everything is hooked up correctly on you amp or you'll burn up the micro fuse found on all current model pioneer decks, then the noise will appear. Adjust the gain controls on the amp accordingly, just remember they are not volume controls. They are used for adjust .5 volt decks up to 5 volt decks.