AVIC411.com

F700BT VS Kenwood DNX Series

See topic:

http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=137719#137719

I'm quite frustrated about my 3-day old EU-F700BT not having VR support, but most of it not having voice dialing support at all...

I was reading a bit on other headunits and found out about the Kenwood DNX8220BT or 5220BT

I guess I can convince the shop to swap my F700BT for either of these 2 Kenwood units, plus a little extra cash off course...

Any opinions on the F700/900BT vs the DNX8220BT or 5220BT??

Couldn't really find a comparing review on the internet...

See topic:

http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=137719#137719

I'm quite frustrated about my 3-day old EU-F700BT not having VR support, but most of it not having voice dialing support at all...

I was reading a bit on other headunits and found out about the Kenwood DNX8220BT or 5220BT

I guess I can convince the shop to swap my F700BT for either of these 2 Kenwood units, plus a little extra cash off course...

Any opinions on the F700/900BT vs the DNX8220BT or 5220BT??

Couldn't really find a comparing review on the internet...

I hate to diss my own unit, but the DNX8120 (American Model Number) is far superior to the F series.. with a far superior pricetag. Don't know if the EU version has VR though, otherwise it has everything the F series has as far as features go.

I hate to diss my own unit, but the DNX8120 (American Model Number) is far superior to the F series.. with a far superior pricetag. Don't know if the EU version has VR though, otherwise it has everything the F series has as far as features go.

Well I heard the F series are way cheaper in the US compared to europe.

Over here the F900BT costs 1199EUR while the 8220BT goes for 1995EUR

So the price is not an issue...

My main concern is the navigational skills of the 8220, It's Garmin navigation software on the Kenwood right?

I own a Garmin zumo 550 which I use on my motorcycle, and must admit that I'm quite happy with it.

Can someone also clarify the SD-card capabilities of the 8220??

On the kenwood site it says it has an SD-card slot to make map-updates more user-friendly...

It's not really clear if the SD-card slot can be used as an audio source :?

I really like the SD-card slot on the F700BT I have...

in no way you can use the sd card slot for audio on the 8xxx series kenwood. they are only for POI / map updates etc.

if you need that sd card slot for audio then you are stuck with the f seires. but having sad that... the sd card slot is useless for podcasts... when you listen to a 1 hours podcast and after 50 min you need to stop like to buy fuel. the next time you start your engine your podcast will start from the beginning... a ipod is the solution as also usb does the same. :roll: