AVIC411.com

Sirius parts for the AVIC-F90BT

I was reading through some of the posts and did not really find what i was looking for. What are the parts are that are actually needed to get it too work. Some were talking about the SCC1. I believe that is need with the bus thing from Pioneer. Has anyone tried using the SIR-PNR2 which is a unit made just for Pioneer.

the other thing on the screen it has the station number then some other information. anyone have a close up picture kind of sounds like what my GM NAV does now.

so the one needs the bus unit and the other does not? other then that what it shows on the screen is the same?

both the PNR2 and the combo kit from the link I posted show identical information on the Avic, the display leaves a lot of room for improvement

ok cool. i dont mind having a lot of information iwill be going back and forth between siruis and itouch mostly

lol you won't have hardly any information at all, thats the problem

you have to choose between it displaying the artist name, song title, station name or station genre.. none at the same time. also, when you save a station as a preset, it doesnt tell you which preset is which station on the button. its really elementary, so much could have been done better.

i am sure they will be changing that soon since Sirius bought out XM. well at least i am hoping they come out with better units.

They'll have better units, definitely, but whether the Avic can take full advantage of them or not is highly doubtful.

The problem stems from Pioneer third-partying the new sirius interface and half of the Avic itself (iGo, Parrot) and then dropping the ball on the front-end because they either ran out of money and rushed the unit to the market. Even when Sirius comes out with a dual tuner interface for the Pioneer, its still going to have the same short comings as the current one. Since the only programming difference between the Sir and XM now is sports and a small handful of talk programming (Martha, Howard), there just wouldn't be enough money in it for Pioneer to take it seriously.

thats my take on it ;)

does anyone know if there is some sort of extended cable i can buy?

The cable that goes from the Pionner module to the HU (not the cable that goes from Sirius to Pioneer)

The way I have it all wired now, was with my old Alpine HU, which had the brain of it all under the drivers seat, now that the Pioneer is all self contained behind the dash, the cable isnt near long enough, and I would really prefer not to re-wire everything and move it.

So any luck or am i SOL?

does anyone know if there is some sort of extended cable i can buy?

The cable that goes from the Pionner module to the HU (not the cable that goes from Sirius to Pioneer)

The way I have it all wired now, was with my old Alpine HU, which had the brain of it all under the drivers seat, now that the Pioneer is all self contained behind the dash, the cable isnt near long enough, and I would really prefer not to re-wire everything and move it.

So any luck or am i SOL?

you could always soldier in some cat5 to make a longer cable

Ok, I'm wanting to know the second part of the OP's post.

I had someone break into my truck and take my D3 but they didn't get my SIR-PNR2. So, I'm replacing the D3 with a F90bt.

Will the F90BT work with the SIR-PNR2 satellite radio tuner?

I realize I may not have all the functions, but at least the music will be there. I'm already used to not having a lot of information displayed using Sirius and Pioneer radios.

Ok, I'm wanting to know the second part of the OP's post.

I had someone break into my truck and take my D3 but they didn't get my SIR-PNR2. So, I'm replacing the D3 with a F90bt.

Will the F90BT work with the SIR-PNR2 satellite radio tuner?

I realize I may not have all the functions, but at least the music will be there. I'm already used to not having a lot of information displayed using Sirius and Pioneer radios.

I don't have any personal experience with this but I can almost say for certain that it works.. I can't cite any source, I just remember another user in the past saying it worked and asking if they should upgrade to new tuner.