AVIC411.com

One side louder with ipod on my f90-bt

One side is louder with the ipod playing but on cds and dvds its normal

ive tried several different ipods and its the same, im having to fade it 8 to the right to get an even sound out of it and its lame

also it keeps loosing the ipod. like it will play for 10 or so minutes and then just go to the "off" screen and wont connect to my ipod

anyone know whats going on

I also have the same problem but with my 700bt. It seems to come and go though so when I unplug the ipod, wait a few secs, and plug it back in, it seems normal again. Sometimes it'll stay "fixed" for a few days, sometimes a few minutes. I'm using an ipod video (5th gen) and the pioneer cable. It's pretty annoying, but I haven't been able to find a permanent solution.

I also have the same problem but with my 700bt. It seems to come and go though so when I unplug the ipod, wait a few secs, and plug it back in, it seems normal again. Sometimes it'll stay "fixed" for a few days, sometimes a few minutes. I'm using an ipod video (5th gen) and the pioneer cable. It's pretty annoying, but I haven't been able to find a permanent solution.

Sounds like a problem at the iPOD connector end of the cable. You might try spraying it with some contact cleaner.

Trust me, it IS the Pioneer Cable. I had exactly the same problem with my 700 before upgrading to the 90. I replaced the cable and the problem was solved. I would loose the left channel for no reason, then it would come back. I checked connections and was able to get it to work for a sort time and then it would happen again.

It is really hit or miss with the Pioneer version. I actually got the dealer to swap the my old existing cable with the new one that came with the 90 so I was sure I had one that worked.

Save yourself the frustration and just get the Apple version.

Now if I could just see 3D landmarks and buildings show up I would be really happy. Apparently there is nothing of interest in the Phoenix area that was worthy :roll: and of course the absense of preset channel Id using the HD radio (but the sound quality makes up for it and is better than XM) IMHO.

Other than that I love the thing. It works great and boot time is not bad at all. My iPod Classic 120 works perfect as does my connection with the LG ENV2.

Thanks to all the folks who contribute information to this site. It has saved me a lot of headaches and helped me to get the most out of my system and like they say "search is your friend" :lol:

Don't mean to get OT, but if you use the hacked ezrider.exe and get the full set of 3D building files (available at various gps/ppc sites) you should get pretty decent 3D buildings, or 3D terrain if you live in the sticks like me.

Appology to OP for OT in thread.

I have been checking that out but just new enough with the system not to be inclined to hack it just yet. I will eventually, but trying to learn a bit more BF taking the plunge. Just a little disappointed that "nothing shows up" Phoenix is a big city. One would think the stadium would at least be on the map but it wasn't.

I only see building landmark files for Canada, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Washington, and Wisconsin.

I noticed that in another thread while searching. So that is a little far to drive for a test and wayyyyy to cold after living here for 10+ years. I will just live without the 3D until I get the gonads to hack in and fix it :wink:

But it would have been nice if Pioneer would have mentioned this small oversite in the sales literature. Still a great product though.

My unit had a whole mess of issues with the pioneer branded cable, my guess is very bad build standards and and poor quality. Build as cheap as possible, to make as much money as possible.

You wont find that with the apple cable, and you even get a wall charger for use in the house, can always use an extra one of those, especially if you have an iphone.

the other issues I had as well was the ipod wouldnt charge as well. Also some issues with control as well, here I thought the unit was buggy when in fact it was the poor quality pioneer cable.

Some work fine im sure, but this is a great example of quality control or lack there of. Worth you can do is try it out, if it works great, if not then just return it, nothing lost, but all to gain.

Sounds like the iPod cable is faulty or somehow has a really loose RCA connector. Try re-seating all your connections.

Werd on the cable. Try switching the RCA's (flip left/right) - if you have the same problem, but reversed, it's definitely the cable.

+1. After you do that and the problem persists exactly the same way, it's either your iPod or your unit. At that point, try using a differant iPod or try using the audio jack in the front and post results.