AVIC411.com

Making my ipod touch work...

The iPod Touch does not work with this unit, which is frustrating enough. But I haven't been able to find ANY way to get music to play from my ipod, which is completely ridiculous.

My old HU had an auxilary jack. I would use a wire to attach the auxilary out from my ipod to the auxiliary in on my radio. Id hit the aux button on my radio, and everything was fine. Why can't I do this on my F90BT?

I've tried attaching through auxilary on the front of the head unit, and through the Red/White RCA IN jacks, and I can't get either to play my music.

Please help.

e39m5

well thats odd if you cant get ANY ipod to work...because it seems as though everyone else can get it to work. My Ipod and Iphone both work with it.

Ive got the Pioneer Cable hooked up though the RCA's.

I dont rember forsure, but i think you need to go into some settings and make the sources "AV 1" or "Aux" available. Perhaps default is off, and you need to go in and turn it on.

Check it out under the settings button and mess around with that

You didn't read my thread correctly.

My iPod Touch doesn't work, I've gotten iPod Nanos, iPod Videos, iPod Minis to work fine. The problem is not my connection, its Pioneer and the lack of integration with the iPod Touch.

My question now is, how can I use the auxiliary input or the RCA jacks to hook up my iPod Touch without integration, because it's quite clear integration is not going to work.

e39m5

The iPod Touch does not work with this unit, which is frustrating enough. But I haven't been able to find ANY way to get music to play from my ipod, which is completely ridiculous.

My old HU had an auxilary jack. I would use a wire to attach the auxilary out from my ipod to the auxiliary in on my radio. Id hit the aux button on my radio, and everything was fine. Why can't I do this on my F90BT?

I've tried attaching through auxilary on the front of the head unit, and through the Red/White RCA IN jacks, and I can't get either to play my music.

Please help.

e39m5

you never said anything about getting any other ipod to work you just stated that your ipod touch didnt work. how are we supposed to know that you have other ipods?

You didn't read my thread correctly.

My iPod Touch doesn't work, I've gotten iPod Nanos, iPod Videos, iPod Minis to work fine. The problem is not my connection, its Pioneer and the lack of integration with the iPod Touch.

My question now is, how can I use the auxiliary input or the RCA jacks to hook up my iPod Touch without integration, because it's quite clear integration is not going to work.

e39m5

Your thread is not at all clear, you seem to be talking mostly about using the 3.5mm jack to connect as an auxiliary input on your old units, and indeed, the ipod touch, and any ipod, you can just connect the 3.5mm headphone output to the minijack on the front of the AVIC and choose EXT2. This is a simple analog choice, and the Pioneer has no idea what device is plugged in, if your ipod touch isn't working in this manner, there's a problem with the ipod.

The ipod touch is about as close a relative to the iphone as there is, and the Pioneers are one of the rare car units that don't mind the iphone connected, and they even list the ipod touch as compatible, so it's not like none have ever worked in the history of this head unit.

The fact that nothing is ever working on unit would point to a setting being wrong, or the cables not being connected properly, just last week there was a user that had the R/W/Y RCAs connected correctly but had never connected the male and female USB together, without us being able to see what you see, there are limits to what we can help with, and there are some core assumptions we have to make, and a large one is "the cables are installed correctly"

You don't even say if when you did hook the ipod up via what we're all assuming is the right cable with both USB and RCA, if it's just that you didn't get sound, or that you didn't get sound AND you couldn't get ipod control on the head unit. Sound comes in via the RCA inputs for ipods, and control is handled over the USB. So BOTH are needed to be hooked up and the proper setting under AV1 needs to be enabled.

The description of "nothing at all works with any of my ipods, front jacks OR rear" suggests there's something bigger wrong, and a review of the settings for the various inputs, and then physically triple checking the cables to the rear might be beneficial.

Diane

Sorry my thread wasn't clear. My main question here was how to get the auxiliary input to work, and I guess the answer is EXT2. I'll try that tomorrow.

Regarding the iPod Touch, I've yet to to find a member on this forum with a 1st gen iPod Touch that works, but I've found plenty with an iPod Touch that does not work. I just got off the phone with Pioneer, and they are saying it is a problem with my Touch, and I should try and find another touch to see if I can get it to work.

I'll try and hookup my friends touch tomorrow, but I highly doubt it is going to work, given what I've seen from other members on this forum. If that is the case, Pioneer requests that I send in my unit for service, and I really don't see how that would help.

e39m5

• 3 months later...