AVIC411.com

AVIC-F 700 Voice Control Problem.

I just put the AVIC-F 700 into my 2007 Chevy Avalanche and everything works great, except that when I try to use voice controls for my iPod or my cell phone I get nothing, all it does it mute the system when I press the button. I tried to find a post on this, but I didn't see anyone else with the same problem... I've also been reading the manual it came with and I see no troubleshooting info for that in there either.

If anyone could help me out that would be great!!!

Thank You!

~Michael

yes it is, I can make calls just fine using the phone or going threw the system to make a call, I just cant press the button to do anything, it worked fine before I put the system in, like I tested it all before I screwed it in. but now pressing the button does noting sept mute it.

Pressing and holding the button in does cause the unit to mute. This seems to be the way it is supposed to work. Pressing briefly and releasing the button triggers the VR. I have found that it may or may not respond if I try it the first few minutes after start-up. After that, it is usually okay. (There can still be a variable delay before it prompts for a voice command.)

Pressing and holding the button in does cause the unit to mute. This seems to be the way it is supposed to work. Pressing briefly and releasing the button triggers the VR. I have found that it may or may not respond if I try it the first few minutes after start-up. After that, it is usually okay. (There can still be a variable delay before it prompts for a voice command.)

I agree it usually takes a min or so to work, but I left the car running in my driveway for a good 15 min to see if that was the problem and it still failed to have the lil blue screen pop up. I did read in the manual that if you hold the button long enough it's supposed to mute the system, but I've tried just about everything I could to get the voice command screen to pop back up and I get nothing.

~Michael

I think the problem is with the blutooth overriding it. today Iw as messing around in my truck and didn't have my iPhone with me and I pressed the button and all the sudden it worked. but as soon as the system aired with my cell, it stopped working again, which is total bs cuz isn't that the whole point to be able to use VR with the cell???

Anyway, I think I'm going to take it apart sometime tomorrow see if there is anything I can fix with it.

What would opening the unit have to do with a software issue?

I have no idea, I had to take it apart anyway to fix the steering wheel controls anyway...

yes, I have tried deleting and reparing it and still I get nothing. it's such a pain.

I don't know what else to try.

Just so you know, you can only activate the voice recognition from the map screen or the AV screen. Try this and see if it works.

I just put the AVIC-F 700 into my 2007 Chevy Avalanche and everything works great, except that when I try to use voice controls for my iPod or my cell phone I get nothing, all it does it mute the system when I press the button. I tried to find a post on this, but I didn't see anyone else with the same problem... I've also been reading the manual it came with and I see no troubleshooting info for that in there either.

If anyone could help me out that would be great!!!

Thank You!

~Michael

have you tried pairing a different phone to see if the results are the same? have you tried not pairing the phone, pressing the vr button, then try pairing your phone after the vr button works to see if that does? just suggesting some troubleshooting tips.

have you tried pairing a different phone to see if the results are the same? have you tried not pairing the phone, pressing the vr button, then try pairing your phone after the vr button works to see if that does? just suggesting some troubleshooting tips.

I found out last night that if I don't pair my cell that I can use VR for the iPod and radio but as soon as my phone comes close enough to get paired to the system the VR stops working, I've tried to pair different phones, and I've unpaired and re-paired phones a billion times and I still can't seem to get the VR for the phone to work... which totally sucks cuz that was like one of the biggest selling points to get me to buy this system.