AVIC411.com

New PAC SWI-PS..

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The only difference is the blue tooth feature was added to intitiate/end a call. Any voice recognition is dependent on the head unit.

It will now also work with the AVH models.

I've purchased a PAC SWI-PS for use with my Pioneer Avic In Dash GPS Headunit. My car is a 2008 Scion xB.

I purchased said product through Crutchfield.com, and I've exchanged it 3 times already in hopes it was just a faulty product.

My problem relates to the programming, on the Scion xB, the steering wheel controls has Volume Up, Volume Down, Track Up, Track Down, and Source (Mode)

I can program volume up/down fine, skip mute, and program Track Up/down fine as well, but when I get to my "Source/mode" button, no matter how long I hold the button, the PAC unit does not indicate I have a button pressed.

I know I have all the wiring correct. I've spoken with the Crutchfield team, and they all mention that it should be working and to contact PAC directly.

I have a feeling maybe the PAC controllers that Crutchfield keeps sending me are outdated firmware wise...is it possible to do an exchange directly with you guys the manufacturer to get the newest firmware? I'm located in Southern California as well, so hopefully you can help me out. I want to spread the good news about PAC products to my scion car club online and in person, but having a non-working button is really a downer.

What really sucks is that Crutchfield will no longer let me exchange OR return the product anymore. :(

Does anybody have any idea what I'm doing wrong here? I followed the instructions here EXACTLY:

http://www.pac-audio.com/swixprogrammin ... les&ID=386

Didnt you already send a e-mail to our tech department??? :wink:

I've actually sent 2 emails to the department.

no technical response received :(

Just a friendly sales guy saying he reads the tech department's emails?

I will get an answer for you or you can call our tech department, that would be faster. 800-854-3133 press 3 for tech.
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey everyone,

I have been reading your post...

I spoke to PAC last week and they advised that the unit may be available by mid March, depending if the old stock is sold out...

I was advised in an email that the new revsion would be 1.6.5, this was from an email from PAC's tech support...

I am doing the newest SWI-JACk tomorrow in a '04 540i on a 700BT.

Sure hope it is the new revision...cause if it isn't, I am gonna find one and swap it out later.

Will post results soon.

Luke

FYI, the SWI-JACK is not the correct part for a 700BT.
Hey everyone,

I have been reading your post...

I spoke to PAC last week and they advised that the unit may be available by mid March, depending if the old stock is sold out...

I was advised in an email that the new revsion would be 1.6.5, this was from an email from PAC's tech support...

The part is now shipping and has been for a couple of weeks.The version number is 1.6.7