AVIC411.com

New PAC SWI-PS..

I am looking to add the new unit to my F90BT, but have a question about the harness. Will I be able to use the old harness that i currently have with old PAC SWI-PS or am i going to have to use the new harness and do some rewiring? I am hoping I can just unplug the old one and plug in the new one, but I can't find instructions anywhere for the new unit. Thanks in advance.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Anyone got the bluetooth button to work yet? I have an "ANSWER CALL" and "END CALL" button on my Infiniti that I'd like to use....

i can confirm that the answer call and end call functions work. however, i only have 5 buttons on my steering wheel (volume up/down, channel up/down, and source) so i have opted not to use those. i tried programming some functions to my cruise control buttons ont he other side of the wheel but those did not work since they are not wired to the radio. i would assume that your answer call and end call buttons will work but i cannot say for sure.

Do the steering wheel buttons work as intended with this new unit (for XM)? With the older unit, when you hit the next station button on the steering wheel, the F90 would change to the next station, not the next preset station.

unfortunately the new SWI-PS still does not control the preset up and down functions. apparently this is because of the way pioneer wired the F series and not because of the SWI-PS.

Anyone got the bluetooth button to work yet? I have an "ANSWER CALL" and "END CALL" button on my Infiniti that I'd like to use....

i can confirm that the answer call and end call functions work. however, i only have 5 buttons on my steering wheel (volume up/down, channel up/down, and source) so i have opted not to use those. i tried programming some functions to my cruise control buttons ont he other side of the wheel but those did not work since they are not wired to the radio. i would assume that your answer call and end call buttons will work but i cannot say for sure.

thanks, i'll post when i give it a shot realitime ..

I am looking to add the new unit to my F90BT, but have a question about the harness. Will I be able to use the old harness that i currently have with old PAC SWI-PS or am i going to have to use the new harness and do some rewiring? I am hoping I can just unplug the old one and plug in the new one, but I can't find instructions anywhere for the new unit. Thanks in advance.

Has anyone answered this? I'm intrigued with upgrading to this, but I don't feel like building a new wiring harness. (Plus I got to see if I have a button I don't tend to use on my steering wheel I can use for BT)

Ok, this thread seems to get confusing as to what buttons work with this unit and what buttons people are trying to use with it lol. My question is - does the following buttons on the F900BT work with the SWI-PS :

1. Volume UP & DOWN

2. Seek/Track FORWARD & BACKWARD

3. Voice Command (when you press the rotary volume IN to activate voice recognition)

Simple as that lol - can someone confirm with me? Thanks.

Ok, this thread seems to get confusing as to what buttons work with this unit and what buttons people are trying to use with it lol. My question is - does the following buttons on the F900BT work with the SWI-PS :

1. Volume UP & DOWN

2. Seek/Track FORWARD & BACKWARD

3. Voice Command (when you press the rotary volume IN to activate voice recognition)

Simple as that lol - can someone confirm with me? Thanks.

1 - YES

2 - YES

3 - NO

and to confirm other questions:

NO, the new SWI-PS still will not give you the option to do PRESET UP/DOWN on the F series navigation. it says it does but it does not work. i have tested and confirmed that it does not work.

YES, the new SWI-PS works to ANSWER and END calls via bluetooth (i have tested this and confirmed it)

NO, it is not worth getting the new SWI-PS if you do not plan on using it to ANSWER and END bluetooth calls as this is the only difference in functioinality, thus if you do not use these features it will be exactly the same as the old SWI-PS

NO, it is not worth getting the new SWI-PS if you do not plan on using it to ANSWER and END bluetooth calls as this is the only difference in functioinality, thus if you do not use these features it will be exactly the same as the old SWI-PS

I disagree, the new SWI-PS also has no button lag compared to the old one. I just made the swap last weekend.. I can confirm that the same harness is used. Unplugged the old unit, plugged in the new one and reprogrammed. The buttons are actually responsive now.. very similar to how it used to work with my OEM stereo. That alone was worth the upgrade IMO.

I just installed this new bluetooth PAC in my 06 Infiniti G35 ...

Programming ---LOL, once you figure out how to program it, it becomes remarkably easy to do so...

So, i have two bluetooth buttons on my steering wheel (BTW, the volume up/down and seek up/down work perfectly with the PAC, but there is SOME lag... just a little)....

The buttons are:

PICKUP and MODE

the pickup button doesn't register with the pac

so I used the MODE button to ANSWER calls .. I have to tap the screen to hangup. I also tried using MODE in an experiment to see what "PHONE STATUS" did, and it didn't do anything --