AVIC411.com

Compass/direction setting

• 9 months later...

I've noticed the compass is bugged, even before the update. It seems when you were heading in a southward direction, the east and west were backwards. So If I was heading SW, the compass would show SE. I need to go back and look at it again.

I just purchased my AVIC-F700BT and immediately had the same question: how do I re-align the compass so that it's pointing in the direction of travel? On my old D series, the map would reorient as I was turning. Are you saying that this cannot happen in the F series? Seems like a big step backwards. And there is no fix now or forthcoming? Haven't tried the unit in 3-D mode yet, but that's never been my viewing preference. Thx!

I just purchased my AVIC-F700BT and immediately had the same question: how do I re-align the compass so that it's pointing in the direction of travel? On my old D series, the map would reorient as I was turning. Are you saying that this cannot happen in the F series? Seems like a big step backwards. And there is no fix now or forthcoming? Haven't tried the unit in 3-D mode yet, but that's never been my viewing preference. Thx!

2.0 had a really awful bug whereas 2D would only north-up. 3D worked just like it ought to, rotating the map in any direction. The fix for this is updating to the 3.0 version. You can purchase the upgrade from Chrutchfield for $60 or you can find alternative methods in the hacks forum. There is also a huge speed increase in the 3.0 version, its totally worth it.

2.0 had a really awful bug whereas 2D would only north-up. 3D worked just like it ought to, rotating the map in any direction. The fix for this is updating to the 3.0 version. You can purchase the upgrade from Chrutchfield for $60 or you can find alternative methods in the hacks forum. There is also a huge speed increase in the 3.0 version, its totally worth it.

It was not a bug. It was a feature that was specifically removed because, really, it is absolutely usless. With all the people who can't read maps complaining they put it back in 8.3 though.