AVIC411.com

US AVIC-F900BT on European car

And BorisM is there a way to hack a US unit to recognise a local language. Altough copied rge voice and lang files into APL\IGO\CONTENT and setting the parameters in the USER/SAVE/system.ini file still the local language is not displayed as an option. But they work in my European Model.

Many thanks.

That I am not sure. It seems to me that AVIC is handling regional settings on a global level, outside of iGO itself, because it needs to change it not only for iGO but for the rest of the system. I imagine that the language setting screen updates something for iGO on the fly.

You could try entering something like this in system.ini:

[local]

language_lcid="1033"

language_key="english US"

lang_path_hint="lang\english_us.zip"

but I am not sure if AVIC shell won't override it...

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Diego, did you hack everything by yourself? You just hacked for the maps I guess.

Do you use an iPod? I'm interested to know if a US unit has problems to recognize a EU iPod...

Thanks for the info, I'm reconsidering the US one :D!!!

If I lose some FM Stations I don't really care.

What's TMC by the way?

Thank you all guys..

I have not Ipod, but I´m sure it will work. I have a 8gb SDHC card and works fine. TMC is more or less an interactive service that tells you how the trafic is (accidents, alternative routes...). I hacked the maps, and added the cameras and five icons mods. It´s too much difference (price), and you loose a few FM stations, not all of them. Hope I helped you.

ok, thank you Diego.

Could you please tell me who's the ebay seller?

Didn't find it at 320€ on ebay.com

This would be the question that would make me decide what to buy.

What would you do in my place if you would have to choose between the US Pioneer AVIC-F900BT at a very attractive price but with region issues or buy a JVC KW-NX7000 in Italy at 600-700€?

always thank you all!

Hello Boris M.I am new here and I am european.You say I need A hacked iGo file so I can upload European maps.Can you please give me the link to downlaod aniGo file?I already have a licensed software.All I need is to upload it into my F900.Thanks

Search this forum for a thread on using updated maps. It has links to needed license and executable files...

Thanks BorisM.I live in Malta europe and the only maps availabel for my country are on Garmin software.I bought a licensed copy of that.Do you think I can install them on my F900?Thanks for ur help

There's no way to convert Garmin maps for use with iGO.

However...

http://depositfiles.com/files/zgadvwlis Malta_2008.07_080908.rar

Don't know how good it is, but better than nothing...

Still any ideas about getting the tuner converted to European steps?

The manual doesn't have anything about setting the continent nor have I found anything on the net. It seems that there isn't any config settings you can set regarding the tuner steps in use?

Any ideas has it been possible previously with any other Pioneer unit through a certain key combination or menu setting?

Sorry about going on about this but I'd like to have all the stations available.

Thanks BorisM.i noticed that the garmin software is not compatible cause the software i bought works on some other devices but not on my pioneer.Anyway i will look at this tread u give me.Thanks again for your kind help.i am new and I just installed the unit so I know nothing about it.You are very helpfull to me.Thanks

sorry to bother u again BorisM.I downladed the malta maps .rar file and there are 2 folders init.What do I have to do now? Should i put them on the sd card and than put it in the unit? Or do I need to do something else?

Thanks

There should be fbl file (map) and poi file (poi's obviously).

Put the FBL file into iGO\CONTENT\MAP folder and poi file into IGO\CONTENT\POI folder.