AVIC411.com

US AVIC-F900BT on European car

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi BorisM.Well I did put the files as you toldme.Than I reboot in normal mode but when I go to look for the maps they are not there.There is the list of the us maps but i did not find the malta map.Am I doing something wrong?Thanks

Are you sure you have both the hacked EzRider and the license file in right places?

ok, thank you Diego.

Could you please tell me who's the ebay seller?

Didn't find it at 320€ on ebay.com

This would be the question that would make me decide what to buy.

What would you do in my place if you would have to choose between the US Pioneer AVIC-F900BT at a very attractive price but with region issues or buy a JVC KW-NX7000 in Italy at 600-700€?

always thank you all!

For example:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Pioneer-AVIC-F700BT ... 240%3A1318

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

first up: Sorry if this has already been answered, I have been searching the forums, maybe I am just not using the right keywords.

Just to get this straight:

I do understand that the US and the European version of the F900 are based on different hardware and software.

I do understand, too, that you can actually mod an US unit to accept european maps and thus use satnav w/o TMC.

Radio is a bit of a problem due to the different US frequency steps.

The "rest" should be working fine.

BUT (and here comes the question :-)) is it possible to change the language of the voice guidance for the satnav (to german in my case)?

I would not mind any english guidance but my girlfriend... :-(

TIA,

lokipo

• 1 month later...

You can set different increments in the EW version, but that setting is not available in the US version. I checked in the US manual and with a few US F900BT users.

Oh and mentioned previously my Aussie F900BT doesn't seem to be locked to one region. It has no problems playing Region 2 & 4 DVDs. It might be different for NTSC & PAL DVDs but I don't have any NTSC ones to test.

I do understand that the US and the European version of the F900 are based on different hardware and software.

I don't think we're sure yet that there's different hardware yet. I haven't seen any side-by-side comparisons of the A/V boards from the two models, which is where the tuner lives. The service manual does not call out different revisions of the board.

There are actually two receivers, one for the FM signal, and another on the Navigation board, where the RDS receiver lives. This is most likely because the MSND and TMC and such use different frequencies to receive data on, and need to operate independently of the AM/FM tuner. There is definitely a cable running from the lower AV board to the top NAVI board. The test mode also contains both tests for TMC/RDS as well as MSNDirect, so I can only assume that it's an all-in-one type of unit that is just programmed what to listen for depending on what country it's being sold in. Unfortunately, the service manual does not have schematic information on the Nav board, so it's difficult to tell part numbers and other info.

I believe it's possible to reprogram the unit, but figuring out how is the big issue. Most likely will require a firmware flash of some sort.

I carefully checked the service manual for F900BT and it does point a few (minor?) differences in HW between versions "AVIC-F900BT/XS/AU" and "AVIC-F900BT/XS/UC". Since I own an US unit, I know that it is version "AVIC-F900BT/XS/UC" (printed on the packing box).

The question now for European version owners: is that version "AVIC-F900BT/XS/AU"? If so, we do know the differences then - and unfortunately, it seems it's about hardware, so not much to do, probably.

• 4 months later...

Hi,

I bought a US version of f700 as well and it's awesome unit for me, and enjoyed all mods I found thanks to avic411 guys, however I couldn't find anything helping for the frequency stepping and RDS text (i.e. I usually like listen to

fm radio for an half of time :roll: ). I wanted know by people who experienced ipod if this module can

be useful to overcome these issues :evil: , in particular if it's possible control through the avic the fm radios

as if they are tracks from ipod, and seeing the text as track title,

http://cgi.ebay.it/DICE-i-FM-RDS-iPOD-A ... .m63.l1177

thank you