AVIC411.com

Universal 6 disk dvd/vcd/cd/mp3 changer with ip-bus

Pioneer is about to release a 1DIN cd/dvd/mp3 changer called the xdv-p6. Should retail for about $750. Will be either p-bus control (through the touchscreen) or stand alone with a remote. Expect it out around June or July in the US.
  • 1 month later...
Heck, the same place you picked up that universal DVD changer (don't know if it works with the Pioneer, but it DOES work with other touchscreens, mine for example), you can pickup a touchscreen unit doubledin 6.5" motorized touchscreen for about $375 that will work with it fine.

Why pickup a Pioneer DVD changer when you can just add a second system?

I use my AVIC for NAV, CD changer, AM/FM and backup cam. Since it's mounted up top where friendly law enforcement folks might see it, all they will see is nice legal stuff. Put the second unit at the bottom of your console and use it for DVD, DVD changer and TV (the unit also does TV without buying another add-on).

All for the same price as the Pioneer DVD changer, and NOW the friendly law enforcement folks CAN'T see the unit that's "down under."

I DO use the AVIC for the main audio controller..

Some of the folks here seemed to point out that your changer came with a remote and that's unusual. My Pioneer CD changer came with a remote also, and it integrates with the AVIC just fine also.

Evidently, Pioneer has not created a "standard" with the IP wire (it's not really a bus if Pioneer can't talk to anyone else), they've just created a different shaped wire. If it were a standard, everyone that subscribes to it could talk to your unit. Instead, it's just a 4x3 bundle of wires that everyone uses for different signals, the only thing "standard" about it is the size of the connector..

'Course, they aren't any better than AI-Net, Ce-Net, Rd-Net, et al.. Pick a proprietary setup, ANY proprietary setup.

The Hong Kong guys DO seem to be making use of the "rectangular connector" (whatever you want to call it). That universal DVD changer can connect and be controlled by about 5 different manufacturer's units (including Samsung), and a bunch of no-names (including the one I have here). So Pioneer can talk to Pioneer and everybody else can talk to everybody else that's using it.. lol Wouldn't it be a hoot if the non-Pioneer "standard" BECAME a standard?

musikman1

PS: If you want to look for a compatible touchscreen unit, there's several out there in ebayland being sold as CA1605 (515.00), SDT8210 (Sharp 565.00), LM7508 (mine 525.00), SP716 (no BIN).. These units all have a DVD unit in the head unit PLUS will control the DVD changer..