AVIC411.com

Where should I go to buy a Headunit?

I'm looking for the Pioneer Avic F900BT headunit, and my budget out the door right now is ~$580.00

All that really matters to me is that it retains it warranty (very important), has the 2.0 update installed, and that my budget will cover tax (if any ordering online), and shipping (if ordering online).

I know the list price is around $1000, but my friend was able to get it through Sonic's Electronix for $579.99 with free shipping and they even threw in a free wiring harness! So jealous!!

Suggestions anybody?

P.S (I'd would want to avoid the eBay route considering I never know how much the auction is going to end at, and I don't know if the seller is trust worthy or not!)

6ave.com has the f90bt for 598 shipped. I think thats worth it..

Check the thread a few down from this one that says f90bt for like 600 something - the last post has the discount code to get it for 598 shipped...

Too bad they don't have the F900BT which is the one I really want =/

My friend who has the F900BT says its alot faster then the F90BT and alot less freezes with the system in general

www.onlinecarstereo.com is good.

The 700 is around 400's, and the 900 is around 629 i think, i know its out of your rage, but thats the main place i go if i want to buy online

I'll keep that link bookmarked, that's a good price, but $50 out of my budget, may have to keep that as a backup!

Al & Ed's has been very good to us in this forum, they're who I bought mine through. http://www.al-eds.com/

Do they offer a discount for members of this forum or something? I've always heard they were overpriced from hardware to installation!

Dude I dont see how there would be a big diffrence between the 900 and the 90bt, the only diffrence really is the pre outs and the warrantee (which I dont think is honnord by pioneer from any online retailer)

...except crutchfield, and the cheapest ive seen it from them is 729.

Dude I dont see how there would be a big diffrence between the 900 and the 90bt, the only diffrence really is the pre outs and the warrantee (which I dont think is honnord by pioneer from any online retailer)

...except crutchfield, and the cheapest ive seen it from them is 729.

I guess that's true, and he probably said that to make himself feel better? LOL

anyways, so is it possible to get the F90BT for ~$580 then? Or is that just an unobtainable price?

Your friend is bullshitting you...the 900 and 90 work exactly the same. The 90 is well worth the extra cash if you plan on hooking up an ipod ever. It comes with the cable that you would spend $50 on if you wanted to add it to the 900. Not to mention it has double the warranty of the 900 if you buy it from an authorized dealer. Just skip a meal or two and go over your budget by $18. $598 for a $1200 radio is a heck of a deal

But when is the last time you had to turn in your stereo for warranty?

you do realize you read this forum and everyone is talking about dead units and newbz freak out and think their unit will die

true, I guess I do see alot about them bricking and stuff, but I honeslty dont read thoes threads. I assume it hapens with they try to hack them...thus I would assume voids the warrantee.

But...while shopping i too was concerned about the warrantee, and paid a little extra (729/no tax) for my 900.

I thought 6ave.com was a pioneer dealer??

not for car audio

I would like to see Pioneer try to fight a warranty claim when their website directs you to 6ave when you search for online dealers.

They might try to pull a fast one, but they wouldn't get far.