AVIC411.com

lite green wire to the e-brake switch/not everyone knows

i had the same problem everyone else is having with the grayed out icons on nav and system settings. i did the bypass, all the wires are where they are supposed to go, and still the same problem, until i figured out that IF YOU HAVE A VEHICAL WITH A SINGLE WIRE TO THE BRAKE do not connect the lite green wire to it. instead ground it out to the bracket the switch is connect to. and this little problem goes away. thought i would let everyone know. thanks

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i had the same problem everyone else is having with the grayed out icons on nav and system settings. i did the bypass, all the wires are where they are supposed to go, and still the same problem, until i figured out that IF YOU HAVE A VEHICAL WITH A SINGLE WIRE TO THE BRAKE do not connect the lite green wire to it. instead ground it out to the bracket the switch is connect to. and this little problem goes away. thought i would let everyone know. thanks

WRONG!!! If you did not do the bypass as explained in this forum you will soon be locked out again. Search the site for proper bypass instructions.

That doesnt make either of us wrong. I stated that anyone on this forum knows to ground the wire, while VBLUE42 correctly stated that grounding the wire is not enough to permanently remove the graying out of functions.

Also, being a mechanic does nothing for your credibility.

And please at least use correct terminology: Its called a "parking brake". They do nothing for you in an emergency situation, and are only designed to hold a parked car.

You're making yourself look like a moron now. To bypass the deck to illegally do stuff in motion, the light green wire should never be run all the way to the parking brake switch, it should just be grounded, in addition to the second wire you have to move in the harness.

If you want to hook it up like pioneer intended (example: no video in motion or changing menu settings) THEN you run it to the parking brake of the vehicle

no you guys are wrong. not all the cars out there are 2 wire systems for the e brake switch. learn your electrical before you post stupid replys
the master tech. patch on my uniform is all the credibility i need. and dont be such a dumbass when it come to calling things what they are. DUMBASS

At least you can spell dumbass correctly :roll:

Grow up buddy. Im only 20 and a general asshole and Im still far more mature and knowledgeable than you present yourself to be.

Just for reference, a master tech patch only means you wear a fancy shirt and nothing more. I could put "President" on my shirt, but it doesnt make one one.