AVIC411.com

Anyone try the NEW HD tuner (GEX-P20HD)??

Why would the new HD tuner version "fix" anything? The "old" one works perfectly with two other Pioneer HUs I have - just not with the F-series. This would imply the issues are with the F-series, not the tuner.

FYI - we know about the presets jumping multiple channels, right? My F90 got stuck in a loop - beeping and changing presets until I rebooted it. Grrrr...

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone tried this new tuner yet? I just got my 10 back from a pioneer warranty repair and I would love to sell it on ebay if the 20 would show ANYTHING in the preset display.

It must be available now since a google search shows a few online (and a few brick and mortar) shops selling it...

Bico Stereo.com writes "Also compatible with AVICF900BT, AVIC-F700BT, AVH-P4100DVD, AVH-P3100DVD, DEH-P6100BT, DEH-P5100UB, DEH-P3100UB"

Interesting how they know this (or just guessing) when the product hasn't been released. If this is true then maybe Pioneer will upgrade the F series to tag songs and show basic Now Playing info.

Does the P10HD show Artist, Song, and Album info on the screen?

• 1 month later...

Actually, I was looking for the differences between the two units, below is from Pioneer.com

These descriptions are identical with exception to the COMPATIBLE HU's.

Since Neither the 90BT nor the 900BT is on these lists, can we assume that the 20 brings no added functionality over the 10 for those HU's? I'm guessing we still won't get preset 'display'.

GEX-P10HD

Designed to receive high-quality HD Radio broadcasts for most Pioneer car stereos, this HD Radio tuner is a hideaway module that connects through the Pioneer headunit’s IP-BUS interface.

What is HD Radio?

HD Radio is the only system for digital AM and FM broadcasting in the U.S. Currently more than 1,000 radio stations are broadcasting primary signals in digital HD Radio technology, as a free service. That's right, no subscription charges!

Compatible with the following Pioneer head units:

* FH-P800BT, FH-P8000BT, DEH-P700BT, DEH-P7000BT

"External Control" capable with other Pioneer IP-Bus head units, a/v receivers and navigation systems, with some limitations of display and control. Please review Owner's Manual(s) for more details.

GEX-P20HD

Designed to receive high-quality HD Radio broadcasts for most Pioneer car stereos, this HD Radio tuner is a hideaway module that connects through the Pioneer headunit’s IP-BUS interface.

What is HD Radio?

HD Radio is the only system for digital AM and FM broadcasting in the U.S. Currently more than 1,000 radio stations are broadcasting primary signals in digital HD Radio technology, as a free service. That's right, no subscription charges!

Compatible with the following Pioneer headunits:

* AVH-P4100DVD, AVH-P3100DVD, FH-P8000BT, DEH-P710BT, DEH-P7100BT, DEH-P6100BT, DEH-P610BT, DEH-P5100UB, DEH-P510UB, DEH-P3100UB, DEH-P310UB

"External Control" capable with other Pioneer IP-Bus headunits, a/v receivers and navigation systems, with some limitations of display and control. Please review Owner's Manual(s) for more details.