AVIC411.com

Issues With Subwoofers

I recently had my Shaker 500 in my 2005 Mustang replaced with an Avic-F900. After having the geek squad do it, I can say they did a great job including performing the hardware hack to bypass the parking break issue. Unfortunately, the front subs do not work in the doors.....I told them and they said the shaker 500 amp doesn't work with after-market radios. I know they're full of crap, so I'm going back there. WHat should I tell them to do? Thanks

My fiance' has the 06 Stang and I successfully got them to work with the 700. IIRC, there's a single female RCA from the OEM harness that you need to put a MMF Y adaptor onto the sub output. You also need to connect the blue/white wire and put a 1K ohm resistor on the wire so the subs don't "pop" upong startup. It's very easy, they're just idiots.

They should be called the idiot squad. I do those systems all the time and the door subs definitely work. All you need is is a Metra 70-5521 harness or equivalent (which includes a connector for the sub amps) and a double male to single female RCA Y connector. Put a 3k to 4k resistor ( i have experimented with many resistors and this range works best) in line on the blue white amp turn on wire to prevent turn on pop.