AVIC411.com

I just installed the 700BT in a Nissan Maxima with the factory Bose system. At first I used the Metra 7551 harness but with the low 2.2v from the RCA's on the 700BT the volume was just way to low. I had to crank the HU all the way to 62 just to hear the stereo on the highway. I switched to the Metra 7550. This one is not recommended for the Bose amps but the sound is far better than with the 7551. I've not had any distortion at all and the volume is a ton better. As far as any whining? I had none with the 7551 and none so far with the 7550.

• 1 month later...

I have been through the same issues as everyone here, finally took it to the pros. I have a 2003 H2. I finally decided to put a new head unit in and keep Bose amp and speakers. I installed myself, tons of feedback. Tried a lot of things, finally took it to pros. They said they don't sell pioneers because of this, but they would try to install it. They ended up bypassing the amp and using the line out to the speakers. No more feedback but sounded bad. So I bought a new amp and speakers, feedback again, they said it is the HU. They say it has something to do with the HU grounding through the RCA because they loose ground? They were going to install a ground loop but were out. They say they hate pioneer and they are pretty good guys there and believe them. I tried to save $400 and go with a pioneer and now it cost me $600 more. Live and Learn. Once again u get what u pay for Nav, BT, sirius, SD, USB, CD for $400, too good to be true. I could have dropped $900 on a kenwood and kept the bose but I thought I could beat it.