AVIC411.com

random idea.. other uses?

so just picked up my 700bt yesterday, and just started modding it today.. so far it's just scheme/bypass/speedcam/beepkill but i'm going to take a stab at image editing and such as well.

in the meantime, i've been thinking about this whole windows thing. has anyone here ever tried doing anything using the windows system? like perhaps adding some games? i imagine ferry rides being a bit nicer with some solitaire or mahjong.. if only just to have something else to do.

or perhaps tethering a cell phone to the thing via usb and loading an internet browser on it?

i mean, doing some tweaks to the avic software is cool, but what about going the other way and trying to use this thing as a mobile pc?

oh the 'search' pricks.. every forum has them, so you just HAVE to love them. =]

i dug thru page after page and never found anything on running other apps from windows ce.. just a few threads where people were asking similar questions. didn't see anything in there so i figured i'd ask again in case something had come up that i didn't find.

and unless someone has edited the faq, there isn't anything in there about it either.. i obviously dug thru there, as i successfully performed a few mods as already mentioned in my first post.

so seriously, i understand how forums work.. i know standard reply to any question is to tell them to search. but here's an idea.. if you have nothing to actually SHARE, maybe just don't post anything?

oh but wait.. i don't have near as an impressive post count as you so i must not be anywhere near as smart huh?

oh the 'search' pricks.. every forum has them, so you just HAVE to love them. =]

i dug thru page after page and never found anything on running other apps from windows ce.. just a few threads where people were asking similar questions. didn't see anything in there so i figured i'd ask again in case something had come up that i didn't find.

and unless someone has edited the faq, there isn't anything in there about it either.. i obviously dug thru there, as i successfully performed a few mods as already mentioned in my first post.

so seriously, i understand how forums work.. i know standard reply to any question is to tell them to search. but here's an idea.. if you have nothing to actually SHARE, maybe just don't post anything?

oh but wait.. i don't have near as an impressive post count as you so i must not be anywhere near as smart huh?

Shoulda made your user name Uberdefensive. If you found other threads asking the same or similar topic, with no progress on the actual topic, then maybe it's safe to say it hasn't been figured out yet....but already asked about.

Oh, and C4 has only 5 posts more than you and he told you to search before I did, so the post count remark really doesn't apply here :wink:

for those who say "use the search button." well most of us do.. but you basically cant find much, unless you type it in the exact way it is posted.. like I wanted to know how to do the speedometer hack... well I type that in the search place and got all kinds of crap.. and NOWHERE does it show me where, or how to do the speedo hack and most of the finds are irrelevant .... so... guys who use the search button... cant some tell me how to add the speedo hack WITHOUT using someone else zip......?? lol

oh and PS... I dont mean this sarcastically and I do know that there are lots of posts here that are plain useless.... and lots would be stopped if most would read more... but the search is not perfect here and its probably because of all the crap posts around here..

and another thing.. I know the thing about forums I am a avid dishnet and bell hacker with IRDs and FTA receivers and am actually a mod at one of those sites.. and I clean a shitload of whining posts asking stuff that is answered in plain view.. but our search feature is much better because lots of us mods spend alot of tiime cleaning useless posts...

for those who say "use the search button." well most of us do.. but you basically cant find much, unless you type it in the exact way it is posted.. like I wanted to know how to do the speedometer hack... well I type that in the search place and got all kinds of crap.. and NOWHERE does it show me where, or how to do the speedo hack and most of the finds are irrelevant .... so... guys who use the search button... cant some tell me how to add the speedo hack WITHOUT using someone else zip......?? lol

oh and PS... I dont mean this sarcastically and I do know that there are lots of posts here that are plain useless.... and lots would be stopped if most would read more... but the search is not perfect here and its probably because of all the crap posts around here..

and another thing.. I know the thing about forums I am a avid dishnet and bell hacker with IRDs and FTA receivers and am actually a mod at one of those sites.. and I clean a shitload of whining posts asking stuff that is answered in plain view.. but our search feature is much better because lots of us mods spend alot of tiime cleaning useless posts...

I agree with you that the search function is not 100% efficient, but it does get the job done....all I typed was "speedometer hack" and narrowed it down to hacks and mods in the F series:

http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php? ... meter+hack

It's halfways down on the first page

Most of the members that tell a new member to search are the ones that either contributed the info or have read up and it and know it exists. We don't say it to be a jerk about it (at least I don't think so?) but your comment on useless threads doesn't make sense IMO. I don't think us telling members to search is making it harder to find the answer, but rather the numerous repetitive posts about existing topics.

no problem man.... no hard feelings... and I did learn a shitload from you also... thanks.

on a second note... why dont you post us your mods... and pics of that rx??

Never were hard feelings. I currently have no mods. They were erased when I did the 2.0 update, never bothered to put them back on because I was contemplating getting the 90, which I did. But my old hacks are on this forum with pics, I erased the blue boxes pre 2.0 and changed the clock colors. I also was the first to post a modded VR screen and I have pics of my old Umbrella Corporation theme. My car's at the dealership so when I get it back and install the 90, I'll be doing a few of Maverickster's mods, and possibly the Leetlauncher. Pics of my RX can be found in the "Post pictures of your cars here" thread, but what the hell...

rotare.jpg