AVIC411.com

F90BT - it's alive!! pics and some tips

Hey AVIC411 peps, i wanted to extend my thanks to those of you who helped me along the way by answering some noob questions (stupid VSS signal wire!!)

Below are some pics showing the finish installation. I was able to find a grommet that fits the microphone and used it to flush the mic to the dash. It looks factory! take a lookie.

My Tim arrives today (hopefully) and that should complement the finish.

MODing tip:

copy and paste is a thing of the past!! i hated copy and pasting the necessary modded files to my unit. so i was able to find away around that to simply drag and drop!!

1. Go to the folder you want to paste a folder/file in.

2. Go to "Start" --> "Run"

3. Click on "Browse" To display all file type, select the down arrow and select "All" where it says ".exe"

4. Browse to the SD card for the desired folder/file and just drag and drop using your stylus!!

also, i was having problems with the top menu of WinCE. It had to do with the calibration of the screen. which you can do after booting to WinCE.

1. Go to "Start" --> Control Panel --> Stylus. And select the tab that says calibration

don't know if it has already been mentioned in other threads. if so, sorry for the double posting...

Car Info:

1998 Honda Accord LX 4D Sedan

post-27674-1287275691576_thumb.jpg

post-27674-12872756916871_thumb.jpg

post-27674-12872756917962_thumb.jpg

post-27674-12872756918901_thumb.jpg

post-27674-12872756919981_thumb.jpg

The mic looks good where you put it. Mine is on the visor, any further away and I get complaints from those on the other end of the call. Does the dash mount pick up well in your install? I'm not that fond of mine being on the visor but it works well there.

The mic works great at the dash and it's not far from me. Also, the mic is a cardioid style mic, so it picks up really well there.

I tried the visor before flush installing it in the dash, and i just didn't like the finished look of it (the wire could not be completely hidden); it was an inconvenience whenever i had to use the visor. Its funny, but i had the tendency to tilt my mouth upwards to speak. LOL

But you are right, the visor location works great as well in terms of picking up your voice.

have you tried the mic yet with a call? reason i ask is because my friend did the same thing on his mustang but the call sounded very far away. he had to move the mic out to expose the openings on the sides of the mic and that made it sound normal again.

i've been calling people and so far no complains. even the VR picks up my voice pattern very well.

that mic looks great,

can i ask what exact grommet that is and where you got it. my mic works so poorly (even holding it in front of me) that now i am going for looks since it wont see much use until i figure out why it is so crappy. thanks

I'm planning the same kind of mic install in my '07 Xterra this weekend. I picked up an assorted pack of grommets at Radio Shack last night, but haven't checked them for fit yet. Pretty sure one of them will do the job.

hey lome, what exactly is the trim ring you placed around the mic? I'm looking at placing my mic in a similar position in my MR2 Spyder. I had intended on drilling a hole in the empty thing and then mount the mic behind it and cover the hole up with speaker cloth for a stealth look but you managed to get a pretty stealthy look with that install.

DOH! Asked and answered already!

I don't suppose you know the size of the gromet you used & the size of the hole you had to drill do you? It could save me a bit of time driving to lowes & pep boys :)