AVIC411.com

Circuit City Sale

Hey all, first post on here, Ive been wanting to get a F900bt, but looking obviously for a discount. So i headed to Circuit City today. Well I basically figured most of the stuff liquidators do are all scams. Which turned out to be just that. They had priced the pionner F900bt at a retail price of 1099.00 and "discounted" a whopping 30% off!!! which made it a wonderful 749.00 or so. I was like are you kidding me!!!! You can buy this on ebay for 489.00 with free shipping ! I mean do they think people are just dumb or do they think their yellow out of business signs get people excited! Or wait might be how they "dim" their lights now to make it seem like they can't afford the electricity? Argghh a liquidator price should be way below $700.00.

People were in there though, buying TV's at a "20% discount" (idiots) Even Costco prices are cheaper then Circuit City when it comes to electronics.

Circuit city's already sold it's stock to a liquidator. And from all reports the liquidators first marked up prices then put the "SALE" sign in the windows (they are allowed to do this because eventually it's a sale). Week after week they gradually lower the prices on the items till they are all sold out and eventually hit the 50% off mark or lower.

But by that time there isn't a whole lot of selection, because of the people who got conned by the "SALE" sign's when their prices were 10% over the normal circuit city prices.

Your best bet for a deal is 6ave.com

A buddy of mine works at one and has had to actually tell people not to buy stuff because its a horrible deal. The only good pricing is on accessories and cables, i've been driving to all the local ones looking for the Ipod A/V cable, they had it for $25 but I cant find one still in stock. I buy all my stuff on Amazon, best prices and usually free shipping to your door.

The best part? ALL SALES FINAL! Yea, CC's so called sale is a big joke. Lol, I was there last week and saw a F700BT for $599.00. It was the display model! No returns of course. :roll: I just got mine for $375.00 shipped from 6th Avenue. I saved almost $300.00 after taxes and I don't have to get one that's been fondled by every car audio enthusiast who's walked in there in the last 6 months.

Guys, brains.

The liquidators did not mark up the prices. Every single item in the store is a percentage off of the original CC price. What you all seem to miss out on is the fact that 99% of the time every item in CC is on a sale of some sort, which is why you all think the prices have been jacked. Again, the discounts are off of the ORIGINAL prices, not CC's sales as of the beginning of liquidation. The 900 has always retailed at $1099.99. Due to the Circuit City one price promise I can guarantee this as fact. In fact, just about a month ago they were regularly $1199.99

As for Wiis: The top CC stores in the country got no more than 10 in at a time with a few exceptions. Theres no such thing as a "huge" shipment. Thats why theyre so in demand still. Nintendo does not supply many.

Sorry to disprove your conspiracy theories, but get some information before you start spewing your drivel.

The price is off msrp, not cc's prices which were rarely msrp but already discounted. So by definition, original price, minus the percentage off. So this may be the same price as cc already had or it may be lower or maybe higher. Depends on pricing before/ after, percentage off and msrp.

So 1099 is msrp of f900bt, - percentage off, there you go. Point is, they didn't jack prices up higher then msrp aka screwing you over, its just that cc pricing was already below msrp typically. Which basically says cc wasn't making allt aht much money, and this is also why accessories seem like such adeal, taht was their money makers, I remember working there, the discount you received as an employee was applied cost, so printer cables ( yes it was long time ago) were say 30 bucks, at cost it was 5. So this is where they made up for making 5 dollars on a computer, and giving the sales guy (who was on commision) 60 dollars for the sale.

Just to clarify my point, CC went under for a reason, and the discounts or lack there of now, is simply people selling hte stuff off trying to make as much money as possible vs selling stuff for little or zero profit.

I felt sorry for myself going to cc already, every store i ever been to looked the same, dull dingy, dirty, depressing, no help, low moral, no customers, cars in the parking lot were mostly employees, sort of reminds me of kmart.

CC deserved their fate, I put two yeras of my life into them when I was a teenager, they were dead then just the same and that was at their peak (late 90's)

BB should gain some additoinal business for this, so thats good I guess. That's where I shop for those must have right now moments, if not then its off to newegg.

Just to clarify my point, CC went under for a reason, and the discounts or lack there of now, is simply people selling hte stuff off trying to make as much money as possible vs selling stuff for little or zero profit.

I felt sorry for myself going to cc already, every store i ever been to looked the same, dull dingy, dirty, depressing, no help, low moral, no customers, cars in the parking lot were mostly employees, sort of reminds me of kmart.

CC deserved their fate, I put two yeras of my life into them when I was a teenager, they were dead then just the same and that was at their peak (late 90's)

BB should gain some additoinal business for this, so thats good I guess. That's where I shop for those must have right now moments, if not then its off to newegg.

I tried saying the same but in response I got called an idiot in another thread :lol:

well i got my 900 from c city for 110$

:shock: WWWHHHAAAAAATTTTTT!?!?!? How??

i was the install supervisor, i got a few of them along with many amps and other pioneer indashs. my store was one of the first 150 to close

now i just have one problem my unit now is booting up then shutting off it seems right when it should switch screens from boot up.. i really dont want to send mine back but if i have to then ohh well ill pop in a new indash

The reason CC went under is the very top management was selfish and greedy. There is no other reason. This is fact. Had they closed the stores that were closed in November back when they first knew they couldnt hold on to them (3 years ago), the company would not be in this situation. Any stores that were unpleasant in appearance were lower volume stores that would have received additional funding re-allocated from the closed stores and would be as nice inside as the top selling stores. If anyone has been in the sole RI store, they would know what I mean.

As for BB, every negative thing you claim is a standard of CC is actually a BB standard across every location. Yes, the lower CC stores (such as those useless 150) suffer from those characteristics, but the quality stores never did. Also, BB is in no better condition than CC was in November. Theyre about to go under as well unless they stop overcharging and stop making customers walk out due to complete lack of sales staff knowledge.

These are not opinions, but rather facts as compiled from various industry insiders, myself included.

Also, to wish bad upon 34000 persons is a real nice thing for you to do, regardless of your impression of the company.