AVIC411.com

defective rca outputs on z1

Guest ultravorx
I just bougt a z1, and after setting it into my dash, using a 4 channel amp, my speakers starting sqeeching really bad. it was defective rca's.
I returned it, got another one, same problem, except I got horiible engine noise as well. the guy at tweeters thoght it was my rca's.
so I got home and tried a different set of cables, still got the noise. so I tried running my avic-n1, perfect sound.

how could I have gotton 2 defective z1's in a row! it seems the the rca output is really touchy.

anyone else here have or had this issue?

frank
  • 2 weeks later...
I had the same problem and it cost me a lot of time during the install.... Lots of engine noise. I rerouted cables, regrounded, re-everything only to find out that I had a defective unit. After fighting with a not recommended NJ internet dealer I finally got a new one and everything is fine. (aside from the poor BlueTooth, Poor Navigation, Poor Sirius display, etc.) I'm really not happy that I spent so much on something that is so crippled and poorly designed. Sorry but I just needed to vent. Ah, to be an early adopter...
Dylan who was ur internet dealer that was not recommened? Was it 6ave electronics? Because I just bought from there and am getting a little scared. I didnt find anything bad about them. could you pm me pleaqse about this.Thanks.
[quote name="maxse"]Dylan who was ur internet dealer that was not recommened? Was it 6ave electronics? Because I just bought from there and am getting a little scared. I didnt find anything bad about them. could you pm me pleaqse about this.Thanks.[/quote]I bought mine from 6th Ave too and I didn't have any problems. I do have a bit of alternator whine but I had that with my N1 and N2.
[quote name="Nick"]If you are using amps for your highs/lows, and are running RCA's you might wanna try ground looping your RCA's to your decks chassis.[/quote]yes, do this. my pioneer deck did the same thing now they sound great. it is a pioneer thing that will probably happen to most of their headunits. the RCA preouts do not ground enough.
[quote name="zeros"]hi i was wondering how to ground loop your rcas to your headunit? just connect a wire from the headunit to the rcas? thanks[/quote]

Just read you posts. Read mine about Z-1 with power amps. You can try runnning a ground wire from the same ground of your power amps to the ground wire of the head unit. Do not use the car's wire harness ground wire. A much simpler solution is to buy the PAC SNL-1 ground loop isolators for as many sets of high level outputs that your usung. My Ford truck was set up with 2 amps so I bought 2 on e-bay for a total of $26. You simply plug them into your Z-1 wire harness and your leads plug into them. You will be amazed how they work. My unit was not only doing the horribly screeching, it was also doing a loud low level thumping. After I installed the isolators, it was all gone. I was amazed.
  • 3 months later...
guys please help me. I am having the exact same problem I have an Arc Amp and a Diamond amp for my sub. The install was working fine for 3 months thoughand recently I got this terrible loud thumping from my speakers and incredible loud screechy whine. The installer is not being very helpful sinc eI did not buy the stuff from him he just did the install so I have no clue what to do now and I am really stressing. I really dont know much about car audio though. How are these units that you bought that fixed your problem? You said you need one for each amp. But if it plug into the wiring harness behind the Z1 isn't there only one harness? I am really confused and if you could post som epics or explain a little better I wold really appreciate it since I am soo lost upset and really stressed out because if I take it to another shop to fix we all know what would happen since I did tbuy any equipment from them they will probably charge me like crazy.
guys I just bought 2 of these:

[url=http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOIBSAA:US:11&Item=170028996182#ebayphotohosting]http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... otohosting[/url]

Did I get the right thing? do I plug the RCAs that come from the head unit into this and then plug the RCAs coming out of this device in the amplifier? Oh man if this thing fixes it I will love you guys forever.