AVIC411.com

NEW F-series F910BT to come out in june 2009

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd definately wait to see how much it costs and whether it's worth. Also whether it will be modable. Otherwise I'd rather pay Leetcoder since he's showing much more effort in getting the junk software into a useful and flexible piece of kit then the Pioneer people. Wait until he manages to sort out the pioneer code, then we'll run any navigation software with bluetooth and AV functionality in full.

Who would you pay on this case?

God help you Leet. :D

So is this a firmware update for existing hardware OR a whole new unit?

When a new model number comes out like 910, to me that sounds like a new hardware platform. Hopefully a firmware update will be available for the legacy users, but it still may not be exactly the same as running on the new deck with more powerful processing.

So is this a firmware update for existing hardware OR a whole new unit?

Both, it will bring the current units to the new software. There is no indication that there will be any hardware advances to accompany the new model number units. This is the same that we have seen with all three Z series units up to date.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Hi all,

I am one of the Porsche guys! LOL!!!!! Back in May 2008 I ordered one F900 to install in my P-car. I got tired of waiting for it and scared of receiving it, after I read this site. Soooooo.... I got me a MAX983HD. Guess waht? Installed it in August 2008 and it has been working flawless since then. Only bug noted so far: an occasional reboot when of the first start of the day (it has happened maybe 4-5 times). And that's it. All the rest just works as described in the adverts and in the manual, as simple as that.

That's probably the reason why there is no user run forum for Clarion products. Get one, ebay your f-series and start enjoying the navigation facility, music, DVDs, whatever, instead of browsing the net looking for solutions. I do enough of that for my Windows PCs already!