AVIC411.com

DUMPYSTIG's mods... FTP

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Ceger

I was having the same problem as you did, and i think i got a fix for it.

Did u use BorisM's speedcam.txt(pasted) into ur igo/content/speedcam folder?

I just replaced the Boris's data w/ old data which was "Red_Light_Camera_us.txt", and "Speed_Trap.txt"

from http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=19523

and my 700 began to operate as it usually did.

i guess i've made a mistake when i was making speedcam.txt data

provided by BorisM.

Anyways, really wanna say thank u to all of AVIC411 members, especially to Boris, Mavs & dumpystig

:D

I got it working and with the over a meg speedcam.txt from BorisM. It was my own stupidity though as you CANNOT use the setting and place UI files from BorisM's zip (as he had stated a while back). You need to just pull those files from the main speedcam zip of the original topic poster and add those in to the data.zip. Then make sure you have speedcam_enabled = 1 in the [debug] section of the SYS.txt file and it all WORKS.

Thanks all.

BorisM, please keep us updated when you get the sppedcam working with voice working, in english that is. ;)

Ceger

Hey Ceger

I was having the same problem as you did, and i think i got a fix for it.

Did u use BorisM's speedcam.txt(pasted) into ur igo/content/speedcam folder?

I just replaced the Boris's data w/ old data which was "Red_Light_Camera_us.txt", and "Speed_Trap.txt"

from http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=19523

and my 700 began to operate as it usually did.

i guess i've made a mistake when i was making speedcam.txt data

provided by BorisM.

Anyways, really wanna say thank u to all of AVIC411 members, especially to Boris, Mavs & dumpystig

:D

I got it working and with the over a meg speedcam.txt from BorisM. It was my own stupidity though as you CANNOT use the setting and place UI files from BorisM's zip (as he had stated a while back). You need to just pull those files from the main speedcam zip of the original topic poster and add those in to the data.zip. Then make sure you have speedcam_enabled = 1 in the [debug] section of the SYS.txt file and it all WORKS.

Thanks all.

BorisM, please keep us updated when you get the sppedcam working with voice working, in english that is. ;)

Ceger

So u r saying that u used Boris' progressive report thread's data.zip(pioneer_ui) at first and then u replaced the pioneer ui in data.zip w/

http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=19523

this thread?

neways, glad to see u got it working :lol:

Nope...i want to get rid of ipod album art as well, but do not know how.

I also notice that the icon buttons on the right hand side, sometimes seems to be duplicated or two buttons are showing up at the same spot.

I decided to ignore it, cuz this mod is still awsome :lol:

Hey Ceger

Do u hear a warning sound when approaching the speed traps?

I only get to see a red warning window, however i can't hear anything.

Is this normal or do I need to adjust some setting in warning section?

You shouldn't be getting duplicated buttons/icons. Try re-installing the DATA.zip, see if that cures it.

Speedcam has a newer sound that someone else here (forgot who) pointed me to. Go to Top Menu > Settings > Navi Settings > Warnings > Audible Warning Enable/Disable.

Can't help with Ipod Art, it's not something I use so haven't looked into it.

Nope...i want to get rid of ipod album art as well, but do not know how.

I also notice that the icon buttons on the right hand side, sometimes seems to be duplicated or two buttons are showing up at the same spot.

I decided ignore it, cuz this mod is awsome :lol:

I haven't used his .zip but I did make some modifications to my own that caused this problem. I had to create a script to fix it, and then had to call it in a bunch of different ui files. This was the gist of the code.

An example of one of the calls.

runifnot vStateMode "0" sc_fr2d3d

Depending on what exactly was changed in this particular .zip, it could be as simple as finding all the 'btnNMB_Cursor.y 210' statements and changing them to whatever syncs them up vertically. Such as

runifnot vStateMode "0" 'btnNMB_Cursor.y 210'

Depending on what exactly was changed in this particular .zip, it could be as simple as finding all the 'btnNMB_Cursor.y 210' statements and changing them to whatever syncs them up vertically. Such as

runifnot vStateMode "0" 'btnNMB_Cursor.y 210'

Good call matey, that's the gist of it. I reckon the probs some of you are having are after you have made your own alterations, but that's what this is all about! :)

I had a problem with Bluetooth being disabled when I performed this mod. After a lot of trial and error I was finally able to re-enable it by changing the '749ew' to '746uc' line in sys.txt. 746uc is what is in my original file. I will play with this to confirm but it was the last thing that I did in order to fix this. I had thought that it was due to exchanging the placexxx.ui, settingxxx.ui, and speedcamxxx.ui while trying to enable the speedcam mod (while adding the txt files from the other mod) They have no effect on bluetooth. Hard and Soft resets did nothing either. I even tried to reload the firmware but kept coming up with an error. Eventually it was the sys.txt.... I have a f90bt and I noticed the creator of the mod has an f500 in his sig, this is where this came from. I hope this helps someone.