AVIC411.com

DUMPYSTIG's mods... FTP

Thank you Boris for all your hard work, I just tested out the speed cam in Knoxville TN and it works Perfect. Now maybe i'll pay attention and not get anymore tickets. :lol:

You're welcome.

I would not necessarily assume that it a) lists _all_ the cameras and B) camera speed limits are accurate.

Still, better than nothing.

I am having an issue whenever I try to get the Speedcam mod going. I have loaded dumpystig's items, moved in the place and setting UI files from your zip, updated the SYS.txt to have the speedcam enabled under debug and copied the large speedcam.txt file you posted into the flash's APL2/IG0/CONTENTS/speedcam directory.

Every time I boot the system it shows the "System Startup In Progress. Please Wait" message for 5 minutes and then proceeds to reboot over and over. When I go back in to check the APL2/IG0/CONTENTS/speedcam directory, I see a new file is made (I assume the database file it creates) along with the speedcam.txt file and pre-existing speedcamupdate file.

Not sure what is going on or if I am missing something, but the only thing I can do at that point is rollback to a data.zip and sys.txt with no speedcam.

Any help appreciated.

Ceger

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You pretty much described a crash. Paste the contents of the crash file on here, as long as it's not 10 pages long. I think the most current instance would be the top portion. It may provide clues as to why it crashed.

The file should be in apl2 as a text file titled "crash".

You pretty much described a crash. Paste the contents of the crash file on here, as long as it's not 10 pages long. I think the most current instance would be the top portion. It may provide clues as to why it crashed.

Did not know that. I'll take a look. Thanks.

Ceger

It says "WinCE CallStack snapshot (function names unknown - map file \My Flash Disk\APL\..\APL2\iGo\ezrider.map not found):"

Looking at my flash backup, I never had that file, so some modification for the SpeedCam must be calling it?

Crash.txt file attached.

Ceger

crash.txt

Dumpystig,

Did you do an EZRider.exe updates for maps and such that the SYS.TXT file or something might be referencing?

Ceger

No, EZRider remains untouched. All my mods are in the DATA.zip, >project.config< and >pioneer.ui<

But I'm thinking, as I also did the mods for getting more sky/better horizon which involved slight alteration of >iGO/SYS.TXT< if this could be causing the prob your having

EDIT- I just read your earlier post and it seems you already had the SYS.TXT covered

Dumpystig,

Did you do an EZRider.exe updates for maps and such that the SYS.TXT file or something might be referencing?

Ceger

No, EZRider remains untouched. All my mods are in the DATA.zip, >project.config< and >pioneer.ui<

But I'm thinking, as I also did the mods for getting more sky/better horizon which involved slight alteration of >iGO/SYS.TXT< if this could be causing the prob your having

I pretty much rolled back the place and setting UI files from BorisM's zip and everything worked just fine, but I cannot access speedcam setting options.

BTW, your mod looks awesome!

BorisM, do you need to have the updated EZRider.exe for using the speedcam controls?

Ceger

EZRider.map file that crash log refers to is a debugging file that converts memory addresses to function/variable names etc. Used only for debugging, and NavNGo are the only people who have it. So no problem here (other than crash).

If you do get a speedcam.spdb file in speedcam directory, then this piece is fine. You can leave it there.

Try backing out changes one by one (SYS.TXT, DATA.ZIP changes) until you get it to a point where it does boot. Then we will know where the problem is...

Hey Ceger

I was having the same problem as you did, and i think i got a fix for it.

Did u use BorisM's speedcam.txt(pasted) into ur igo/content/speedcam folder?

I just replaced the Boris's data w/ old data which was "Red_Light_Camera_us.txt", and "Speed_Trap.txt"

from http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=19523

and my 700 began to operate as it usually did.

i guess i've made a mistake when i was making speedcam.txt data

provided by BorisM.

Anyways, really wanna say thank u to all of AVIC411 members, especially to Boris, Mavs & dumpystig

:D