AVIC411.com

xm traffic nac works but rest of service isn't recognized

Don't know if I missed something in the set-up but when I installed an AVIV z1 with a GEX P10ZMT, the only service I got was the traffic notification. I've reset the XM box, the AVIC, had the signal resent but to no avail. Toggling trough the AV button fails to bring up the unit. When I hit the library button, I can see the XM icon but its not active.

I did the install in a 2004 Cadillac SRX. HELPFUL HINTS: The metra GMX10 adapter needs to have the external amp wired to the power antenna wire on the AVIC. The Metra faceplate kit works well but the trim ring needs to be trimmed by about a 1/2". This moves the head unit out a bit and leaves room for the wires. The GM10 adapter can be screwed into the top of the opening (plastic tray) just below the vent ducts.

I haven't hooked up the reverese or VSS yet - perhaps at a later date.
Yea you need to hook up the IP bus cable as well.

The IP bus cable allows the Z1 to control the XM tuner and carries audio too.

Thats the reason why you are getting no recognition of the tuner from your Z1. There should be one that came with the tuner. The blue end goes in the Z1, black end in the tuner.
Got it - read the ad for the unit - guess its a case of RTFM. I followed the schematic in the book which is a bit misleading. I assume I remove the switched power line and keep the constant line attached?

Ducatiboy's bypass worked as advertised - great add. Bluetooth is fine and I'm not getting the listener feedback (mic attached to rear view mirror). Can't wait to take the dash apart again!

Thanks -

"IP-Bus: The GEX-P10XMT is controlled by Pioneer IP-Bus compatible head units and navigation systems. A 5-meter (9 ft.10 in.) IP-Bus cable is supplied for connecting the XM receiver to the controlling head unit. A separate IP-Bus input is provided on the XM receiver to allow you to connect a Pioneer Multi-CD changer. If connecting to a Pioneer navigation unit, you will need to connect both the IP-Bus cable and the XM Data Cable. When connecting to non-navigation units, only the IP-Bus cable needs to be connected."
[quote name="sportsfan21"]No you should keep the switched attached to the ACC line and the constant connected to constant 12V+.

If you remove the constant, you will lose your presets everytime the car is turned off.[/quote]

No...that is absolutely wrong. If you use the IP Bus cable, remove the switched power source and use the contstant source only. Using both power sources can cause errors. You will have received a sheet in your XM unit instructing this.
[quote name="03Aviator"] [quote name="sportsfan21"]No you should keep the switched attached to the ACC line and the constant connected to constant 12V+.

If you remove the constant, you will lose your presets everytime the car is turned off.[/quote]

No...that is absolutely wrong. If you use the IP Bus cable, remove the switched power source and use the contstant source only. Using both power sources can cause errors. You will have received a sheet in your XM unit instructing this.[/quote]

I apologize... I thought you still needed the ACC line even with IP bus control. Why wouldn't you need the switched power source when using the IP bus?