AVIC411.com

Do you guys miss having a remote??

I am contemplating getting the F90BT....SERIOUSLY!..but have gotten so used to the convenience of my remote with my current FH-P5000MP H.U.

The Z3 is still a little out of my price range but I love the voice activated features of the F series units. I mostly listen to my Ipod anyway but the volume control I am always fiddling with because of the differences of the recordings and this is where the remote shines. Granted, it is not much more hassle to sit up a bit and hit the volume knob..trade off I guess.

I am just curious if you folks miss a remote who had them.

Thanx,

Bud

:D

kinda, but you get used to it.

my last unit was a Sony with a smooth face so you could only use the remote so i catch myself reaching for it out of habit.

don't plan on replacing the remote with voice control. as a matter of fact don't buy an f series if you are only getting it for the voice control. it is a great unit but the voice stuff borders on non-functional!

my 1/50th of a dollar.

It seems kind of useless since you have to reach for the remote, might as well reach for the knobs.....

Kinda what I am thinking as well. Tit-for-tat.

My truck is a '90 Toy 4x4 SR5 and it has only controls for the cruise control. I could adapt a Sienna wheel to it but then I would need the clocksprings, wiring harness, etc...etc..

Not worth the hassle.

The old Sony Rotary Commander is an option :?:

Thanx!

most of the remotes i have had through the years have ended up on ebay. since my right hand still works, i think they are useless, unless however you are leaning too far back to reach the radio, then you just need to unrecline your seat a little

Missing remote is one of the reasons I have refrained from migrating from 980BT to F90 in one of my vehicles. For years I've been using the Pioneer steering wheel remote and still can't believe that the F series doesn't have a wireless remote option. My car that the F90 is in has the radio in a perfect location and given that it is a manual my hand is always within two inches of the screen. Never mind that the voice control is waaaaaay too slow to change xm channels in a timely fashion...

The big trick would be to put together a customizable IR/RF receiver of sorts that plugs into the wired remote port that you would map out via software/usb. That would be a big time bonus...

Good lord yes, I definitely miss my remote. I'm getting use to it being gone but It use to be very convenient to turn my stereo down from outside of the truck if necessary. I also miss the Audio functions of my 9800bt also. But there is so much on the upside with the video and nav functions. Maybe they'll make an audiophile f-series in a few years, maybe I'll buy it. I'll always buy pioneer though, it's been that way for 20+ years of Loud@$$ stereos...