AVIC411.com

F500BT Install - can't figure out wires..

The difficult part should be to identify which 4 pairs wire go directly to speakers side, which 4 pairs is from factory radio output.

Actually that is easy. The harnesses are male and female. You can't hook the car harness to the input from the radio side of the ND-G500. It won't fit male to male or female to female. Now cutting and splicing the wires can be more difficult if you don't properly identify wires before cutting off the connectors. :D

Hi again,

Thanks so much for the advice. I'll go to Fry's today and try to find the adapter.

One last question...just to be 100% certain. I was a bit concerned about having two sets of power wires, etc (non-speaker wire) heading to the radio.....one group of these power wires being through the ND-G500 loop (ISO connectors), and the other set connecting the two factory style harnesses ( in the picture, it looks like these power wires are directed both into the ND-G500 loop via an ISO connection, and also "skip" the loop of ISO connectors by being directly routed to the factory harness that plugs into the radio....seems weird to have them both go through the loop of iso connectors, and skip it). This may make sense for Parrot installs, but doesn't seem right for the ND-G500.

Thanks again!

brandon

one group of these power wires being through the ND-G500 loop (ISO connectors), and the other set connecting the two factory style harnesses ( in the picture, it looks like these power wires are directed both into the ND-G500 loop via an ISO connection,

Certainly they do, power to the ND-G500 and power to the radio itself. With power to the amp, it produces 5v for the F500 to connect thru the cradle harness wire so no other wires are needed ( cigarette lighter adapter).

Hi again,

Sorry, I don't think i was clear enough with my question.

My point is that the G500 already reroutes the power back to the original stereo through one of the two ISO adapters. So, I'm not sure why I need/want/dont want the power also going directly to the stereo from the initial interface to the car wiring (prior to entering the G500 loop). Seems like i'm bring the same power line to it twice.

Does that makes sense? Would I just skip the part of the G500 loop that returns the power, and just use the ISO connector that returns the speaker wire?

By the way, no one I checked out locally (San Diego) had this adapter (Fry's, local stereo shops), so i ordered it online today. I hope it works out. Thanks again for your input.

Regards,

Brandon

My point is that the G500 already reroutes the power back to the original stereo through one of the two ISO adapters. So, I'm not sure why I need/want/dont want the power also going directly to the stereo from the initial interface to the car wiring (prior to entering the G500 loop). Seems like i'm bring the same power line to it twice.

its because they are doing a "T" off between the "European factory radio connector" and "factory radio harness". Unless you have an European factory radio that use the ISO connector, then the male and female ISO connector would be useful to you. Also, you are not reroute the power back to the original stereo. Instead, you are sourcing your +12v(yellow, red) and ground from the "T", to feed it to G500. Then, the G500 feed power to F500bt.

For my case, i don't want to "steal" power from the factory harness, but instead, i bring in power directly from the battery with larger cable, in that case, i cut the yellow,red,black wire from the ISO connector and splice it onto my larger cables.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I see that they are performing a "T" in the G500 wiring, and the point of this is to get power to the amp.

My main question is (assuming i'm not going to directly connect factory radio like you did), would i just leave the European plug on the G500 loop that is designed to power the factory unit "unplugged", since the harness also supplies power directly to the factory radio without the use of the G500 wiring?

I hate to assume things when it comes to wiring. Would the T in the G500 wiring work just fine to power the amp without connecting the single ISO connector back to the factory radio (using an adapter)?

I'm assuming that, to get power to the factory radio, I can either:

1) use the ISO connection from the G500 wiring to route power to the factory radio (coming off the T junction to the single ISO harness), or...

2) use the factory style radio harness on the adapter that directly connects power wires to the other factory harness which interfaces with the harness coming from the (power wires going between the two factory style harnesses used in the adapter)

But, I wouldn't use both...is that correct?

Again, sorry to sound like such a dullard, but I hate note being 100% certain with wiring!

Thanks,

Brandon

I see that they are performing a "T" in the G500 wiring, and the point of this is to get power to the amp.

My main question is (assuming i'm not going to directly connect factory radio like you did), would i just leave the European plug on the G500 loop that is designed to power the factory unit "unplugged", since the harness also supplies power directly to the factory radio without the use of the G500 wiring?

I'm assuming that, to get power to the factory radio, I can either:

1) use the ISO connection from the G500 wiring to route power to the factory radio (coming off the T junction to the single ISO harness), or...

2) use the factory style radio harness on the adapter that directly connects power wires to the other factory harness which interfaces with the harness coming from the (power wires going between the two factory style harnesses used in the adapter)

But, I wouldn't use both...is that correct?

Sorry, my bad. I see what you mean now. By splicing I removed the G500's extra connector and used the QC harness for the power to the radio. You can do both, it won't hurt anything if they are wired correctly, or you can cut out either one to use just a single source of power.

I looked again at my other set of wires. The QC yellow and red wires are reversed in the connector compared to the G500 red and yellow wires. That could cause trouble. Providing always hot to the ignition/acc inputs which could kill your battery, no memory due to no power for memory circuits, and keyed hot to the memory circuits. Reversing the wires on one of the two connectors could resolve this.

I would cut that red wire off from the iso connector to tap into your "+12v switch ignition", you need to include that "fuse resistor" on the red wire to protect your ND500. likewise, cut yellow wire (include fuse), and tap it into your constant 12v source. if you do this, you don't worry about loop back the power back to the iso connector that you had concern about. now cut the black wire, and connect it to ground.

Now you will identify the 4 pairs of speaker wire on your Nissan Xterra radio harness. Cut them. you immediately have 8 pair connections. (4pairs toward the radio, 4 pairs toward the speakers). identify the Pioneer 8 pairs corresponding wires, and splice them to the 8 pairs connection. you are done. any other wires are useless to you.