AVIC411.com

F-Series 3.0 update coming? Wondering what's in it...

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we have to pay for it... It better be really good. I Hope its new maps though... Yesterday I had a appt for a CT scan in another hospital... I sorta knew where the hospital was but wasnt quite sure which way I was suppose to go. I wanted to use my 700 but it didnt know the street numbers or even have the hospital on poi. Well turns out there is no such place on the map for the place.. When I was there my arrow was in no mans land. So im hoping for some new maps!!!

AFAIK, the update is expected to release sometime in June. From what I've been reading, the DNX9140 is expected to release in April. Quite a few members here have shown interest to Kenwood's new unit and will probably (myself included) ditch the F Series for it. I'm not certain how much the update will be, but if you want to get members interested in chipping in, you might want to start an official 3.0 Group Buy thread and start taking names, that way it's a lot more organized and you'll have an exact number of people who will throw down to get the update, making it easier to divvy up the total cost. Just my $0.02

MadsonP, Lol to the vista post

Fortunalty i paid around $300 for my 700, and as much as another $100 is not a big purchase there is something wrong with the idea of buying a product, and then paying again to have it work as expected.....in my mind its kinda like if you bought a new benz for $90k, and when you went to pick it up you found it sitting on blocks...the dealer walks out with a smile and casually asks "oh, you want tires with that; there another $1500"

In the big picture another $1500 is not that big of a deal, but you would deffinatly be shocked (and pissed) they were not included

AFAIK, the update is expected to release sometime in June. From what I've been reading, the DNX9140 is expected to release in April. Quite a few members here have shown interest to Kenwood's new unit and will probably (myself included) ditch the F Series for it.

Looks sweet but MSRP $2K? I think I will stick to my little $400 unit for awhile. My 700 has been working pretty well so far but it is early days. :)

Besides it won't be long for someone to totally re-write the software for this thing :)

I do admit though that the larger screen is cool. if the VR is better and I can use my current iPod cable, HD box and Steering wheel adapter that would entice me more.

Damn you putting this in my head now :)

It is simple. Pioneer owes the fixes to this product to the people who purchased it. I paid more because I bought from a local dealer. I kick my ass every time I think about it but didn't know this forum existed until after the fact.

The list is long for features advertised and not delivered. The units are "buggy" and prone to failure at any moment. Just read the threads and then compare to problems associated with the "Z" Series. Big difference.

Pioneer let this thing out of the barn too soon. They know it and we certainly know it and all done in the interest of market share and profit. I could list all the issues, but we know them well. That is why there are thousands of posts asking how to make a function work or repair a bricked unit. Hacks are abundant and mostly to try and fix what Pioneer omitted or compromised just to get the product to market. Well they got our money but in the process moved a lot of folks over to Kenwood. I am sure Kenwood appreciates Pioneer's efforts.

I am all for a group buy or someone hosting the revision when and if it ever materializes and have no intention of "PAYING" Pioneer another cent of my money to fix something that should have been right in the first place. The way I see it they should issue a voucher to registered owners of the F series product to get a free replacement when the new models release.

Do we know how much the update will be form the guy who has the insider info?

Someone pissed him off and left the site. Shame.

sounds more like he was a lying troll then.

anyone who is trying to just pass on useful info wouldn't act like that.

Might be a Kenwood rep looking to push people to the dark side.

• 2 weeks later...
Fortunalty i paid around $300 for my 700, and as much as another $100 is not a big purchase there is something wrong with the idea of buying a product, and then paying again to have it work as expected.....in my mind its kinda like if you bought a new benz for $90k, and when you went to pick it up you found it sitting on blocks...the dealer walks out with a smile and casually asks "oh, you want tires with that; there another $1500"

In the big picture another $1500 is not that big of a deal, but you would deffinatly be shocked (and pissed) they were not included

LMFAO, this was a funny statement, but i totally agree with you. thats how i feel. im actually thinking about getting rid of my f90bt and getting the D3, because i had a D1 before that, and even though the features were limited, the functions were 1xmillion times better

Wait, since when did we have to pay for an update? Maybe I skipped something here, but who said you might have to pay for it?

If anything, those who are able should track down the right department/people and send them letters of all the unhappy people who bought these systems. I'm fairly happy with mine, certain things could be better (USB/SD card movie playing for instance), but from what I've read there are a lot of issues.

There is no way in hell I will pay for an update on a unit that does not deliver what it said it should on the box and their website. Who do we have to go after to get the ball rolling faster or to be paid attention to?