AVIC411.com

F-Series 3.0 update coming? Wondering what's in it...

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty much every GPS manufacturer charges for map updates, I don't blame Pioneer if they do too.

Here's simple, no-excuse fixes I want to see:

Make the steering wheel remote seek up/down differentiate between a tap and hold for preset up/down and seek up/down.

Make the source or band button also differentiate between a tap and hold for source change / voice command.

Fix the swap to map when the phone rings bug.

Turn on/off beeps.

Let answer call button also be the end call button.

Pipedreams:

Let the voice commands control music on USB so I can use any drive I want instead of iPod.

A2DP.

IMHO, A2DP should not be a hard update to apply. The hardware (BT1.2) would support it, it's the software (most likely the BT Stack) that does not. As I have stated in another thread, WinCE inherently supports A2DP. Parrot has product that do A2DP. There's no reason from a design standpoint why it could not have been included.

I think there is some other motive for Pioneer not adding this to the F-series in the first place. The main thing that pops in my head is that streaming audio from a cell phone would take away from other sales. Case in point: If I had A2DP in my F700, I could stream Sirius from my phone to the unit. If I don't have that and want Sirius, I have to buy additional equipment. From a business standpoint, while I don't agree with it, following that logic I see why it's not enabled.

I would like to hope that Pioneer is reading forums like this and seeing the features that people want most to include in their latest updates. Quite frankly, that makes the most sense - give people what they want, they will be happier about the unit and tell more people about it, you get more sales through word of mouth. I'm not going to get crazy regarding what the unit was advertised to do vs what it really does, as there is one feature (A2DP) that I was stupid and didn't do my research on that I was disappointed wasn't available. Response time? Meh, I can't fully complain. Paying for new maps? Hey, just about every GPS unit out there requires you to pay for new maps. More control over button beeps? That should be a gimme, but there are simple workarounds for that, even without hacking.

I guess bottom line here for me is if 3.0 adds A2DP functionality, I'll gladly pay for it.

I understand thats its a hardware issue that limits more than 1 line being displayed at a time on the Sirius interface. However, I hope in 3.0 they atleast implement a cycle option. We would only have the one line but atleast we wouldnt have to hit the display button all the time to view the artist/title/channel info.

IMHO, A2DP should not be a hard update to apply. The hardware (BT1.2) would support it, it's the software (most likely the BT Stack) that does not. As I have stated in another thread, WinCE inherently supports A2DP. Parrot has product that do A2DP. There's no reason from a design standpoint why it could not have been included.

Actually the hardware in the AVIC F does not support A2DP - The AVIC F has a Parrot CK5000 OEM module inside, and if you google it, you will see that only the Parrot CK5050 and up have A2DP profile - the one in the F series only has CK5000.

I hope that they also add the seatiing of turning "off" the repeat (onw-all) songs for iPod like you can turn "off" the shuffle songs (off-songs-albums) setting. This way the iPod can go through one album and then go the next one once the first album is finished. Currently only way to play different songs is if you have reapeat set to "all" and shuffle set to "songs". If you set repeat to "all" and shuffle to "albums" then the album that you are listening will be the only one repeating (it won't play a new album after the old album is done). They should look how the feature on the iPod where if you turn "off" repeat and turn shuffle to "albums" the iPod shuffles through the albums after it is done playing the current album.

Hey gang, just wanted to chime in. My buddy has been managing a major (local) car audio dealership for the past 18 years. His Pioneer rep actually brought a functioning BT90 with a beta of 3.0 running on it. He said it ran extremely fast - especially compared to 2.0 - as there was no noticable delay when selecting menues/buttons. This was about a month ago and his rep said that it was still in development, so he couldn't elaborate more on any additional features. He did say that the map update included makes the update take considerably longer than 2.0 did (understandibly).. When I asked about any new features, he said he wasn't shown any as his rep was reluctant to let him see the beta at all. He also said that there will be new hardware as well, but the software update will be for the current F-series too. He stated that the new hardware would introduce some refiinements and possible new features that the current F-series does not have (perhaps BT A2DP)? Anywho, that's all I've got.

Hey gang, just wanted to chime in. My buddy has been managing a major (local) car audio dealership for the past 18 years. His Pioneer rep actually brought a functioning BT90 with a beta of 3.0 running on it. He said it ran extremely fast - especially compared to 2.0 - as there was no noticable delay when selecting menues/buttons. This was about a month ago and his rep said that it was still in development, so he couldn't elaborate more on any additional features. He did say that the map update included makes the update take considerably longer than 2.0 did (understandibly).. When I asked about any new features, he said he wasn't shown any as his rep was reluctant to let him see the beta at all. He also said that there will be new hardware as well, but the software update will be for the current F-series too. He stated that the new hardware would introduce some refiinements and possible new features that the current F-series does not have (perhaps BT A2DP)? Anywho, that's all I've got.

What the hell is a BT90.

What the hell is a BT90.

LOL - sorry... F90BT. That's what I get for posting this via an iPhone.