AVIC411.com

Got a problem with my HD Tuner with my F90BT

So I have this tuner in my car

GEXP10HD_l-01.jpg

And basically what my problem is that sometimes, I get no sound?

I'm not sure how to describe it, but I'll try the best I can. Basically, the HD radio icon is on, so I'm assuming its not a power issue since it shows up while the XM/Sirius Icons are still grayed out.

And I'm not sure if its an antenna issue, but it's like its not receiving any reception? It doesn't display the station name, or song artist/title. Everything is just blank.

I also cannot seek, or change presets.

The HD tuner was working fine every since I installed it at the same time I installed my F90. This issue just happened yesterday where it seems like it just lost reception?

I wanted to verify what the problem is before I tore up my interior again looking for it.

Improper grounding? Antenna jack loose? IP-Bus cable faulty?

help??

I had a similar problem with mine, ended up sending it back to Crutchfield. Still haven't installed its replacement, without presets etc it just seemed like a waste of time unless I was going to have the dash open for something else.

Tried soft-resetting the system, re-seating the IP-bus cable (and yes, the colors of the cable ends were in the right locations, non-reversed) made sure the powered antenna control was set to Power and not Radio under Settings, removed the antenna Y-splitter from the equation and took the antenna directly into the box, verfied 12V to the box (before and after the fuse) and chassis ground. Just seems like mine gave out.

If the rumoured 3.0 firmware finally adds preset labels, I may actually try re-installing the thing. Until then, it's sitting unopened on a shelf waiting for a bench setup (anyone have a F-series with a borked audio out they want to part with on the cheap?)...

I had a similar problem with mine, ended up sending it back to Crutchfield. Still haven't installed its replacement, without presets etc it just seemed like a waste of time unless I was going to have the dash open for something else.

Tried soft-resetting the system, re-seating the IP-bus cable (and yes, the colors of the cable ends were in the right locations, non-reversed) made sure the powered antenna control was set to Power and not Radio under Settings, removed the antenna Y-splitter from the equation and took the antenna directly into the box, verfied 12V to the box (before and after the fuse) and chassis ground. Just seems like mine gave out.

If the rumoured 3.0 firmware finally adds preset labels, I may actually try re-installing the thing. Until then, it's sitting unopened on a shelf waiting for a bench setup (anyone have a F-series with a borked audio out they want to part with on the cheap?)...

thanks for your response

I know the IP bus cable were in the right direction because the unit was working fine, and just stopped working yesterday.

I don't have a Y-Splitter, I've always had the antenna go into the HD tuner only.

So with teh P10Hd there is no way to store presets with the 90BT? That seems pretty useless then.

It stores presets just fine. It's preset labels that do not show on screen, but this is AVIC problem, not tuner's...

Yeah, considering they have the data to display the station ID, song name, etc in the interface it amazes me they claim they can't add a label to the preset... The software obviously has access to that information through some mechanism.

Mine just did it last week, hoping it is the HD receiver and not my f90bt. Amazon is sending me replacement, should have it by Sat.

Mine has been acting up as well. In and out of power and I noticed it had no sound today. Tore everything out to recheck all comections. Wish I would have gone online first st save some time and frustration.

You guys should get a refund and get the GEX P20HD instead, i got my GEX P10HD from Al and Eds for $69.99 with free shipping here:

http://www.al-eds.com/Pioneer-GEXP10HD-p18493.html

I think this is a HUGE problem with the Tuner itself. I checked all my connections, they are all fine. I know power is being supplied because the HD Tuner appears in my list of available a/v sources to choose from, and I know the Antenna works, because I have a metra Y antenna splitter and I can test FM/AM channels normally. It's gotta be the tuner.

Its worth spending the extra $30 for the GEX P20HD from Bico Stereo instead:

http://www.bicostereo.com/index.php?act ... uctId=4775

I received my replacement P10HD today and it is working again. I am so glad it wasn't my f90bt. MegaMan I wasn't sure the P20HD was even out yet. Everywhere else I have looked or called about no one is able to buy it from their Pioneer rep yet. I sent a email to Bico about being in stock and have yet to hear a reply.