AVIC411.com

MSNDIRECT blows

If you're not willing to get something working, you shouldn't complain that it doesn't...

While I can Sympathize, I have to Disagree. It is an Advertised Feature, He should need to do nothing more than follow the manual to get it to work.

Its like saying you have to search this forum just to get a DVD working. It is an advertised feature, it should work out of the box with no problem

it goes beyond working right. the traffic seems not to be up to date the rest of the stuff i did not really get into too much because the place in the truck was not as good as my new car. i will reset and see if it is better but not much hope there. seems garmin god end of this with all the extra options they got.

I found MSNDirect to be worthless, too. Combined with the fact that I really didn't need DVD playback, I returned my 900BT, and got a 700BT instead. I'm happy to have saved the $175 price diff, and the satin finish matches my console better than the piano finish of the 900, as well.

Oh yeah. I get better FM/HD reception now that I don't have to Y the antenna to both the HU and the HD module.

I live near Charlotte, NC and while Charlotte is full green on the msndirect maps my particular area is a bit spotty, but I knew that going in.

But I love this feature, and paid for the lifetime subscription.

I use it everytime I get gas, and the gas prices are always accurate - that alone pays for the service. The traffic feature has rerouted me around at least a dozen major traffic accidents.

The wife and I also wanted to go see Slumdog Millionaire a few weeks back, and used the headunit to find the closest theater since it wasn't playing at the one by our house.

Your mileage may vary, obviously, but for some it's a great feature.

Ive had to reset the unit since it just wouldnt connect to the service, but it has got me around 1 traffic jam once, which was nice, though the area i live it doesnt have weather, movies or gass, just traffic, but im in the middle of San Fran and Sac, both places i go to often, and both have great service there from what I can tell.

Oh yea...it also found me a gass station when i was on E, but i gues I can find that on any nav