AVIC411.com

So I have a bypassed Z2 and have for about a year now. After I bypassed the unit, I never really came back to the forums.

I've come back now because my display is still locking up when it boots (sometimes).

It seems there are lots of different fixes for different problems that are solved by just upgrading the Z2 HDD to a Z3. Is this correct? Does this update also include the latest map updates?

The torrent doesn't work and the website is offline for the Z3 image.

Any tips?

• 2 weeks later...
Take the harddrive out and restart the unit. If your harddrive is going bad, everything should boot fine and you should be able to browse radio stations. If it is something else, like the headunit itself, the problem will persist after removing the harddrive.

OK, took out the HDD, put the hard drive cover back on and booted it back up. I didnt see any freezing or anything. I can change between AM and FM1 with this very primitive display. Is that how it was supposed to work? I guess I can assume it could be a hard disk issue now?

Sounds like your harddrive is going bad. Your headunit is fine, or else it still wouldn't boot with the hdd installed. There are free harddrive diagnostic tools around the internet, I would suggest hooking your harddrive to your computer and running some diagnostics on it to make sure but I'm almost 100% sure you need a new drive.

• 1 month later...