AVIC411.com

Please Help with avic -90bt!!!!!!!!

Hello all. I have read this form a little bit, but I am so confused, I could really use some help. I have just installed a avic-90bt in my 05 honda pilot. This is my first system like this an I really have no idea what the software can do or how to bypass the parking break? I am not brain dead when it comes to this kind of stuff, but this I am not sure of. People are talking about changing speed settings to 128 and tricking the system. Where are they making these changes and how? Also is their anyother way to do this, I didn't connect the vss,mainly because I dont know where it is in my car. So Im not sure the speed bypass would even work. Please help me anybody.

You could start by reading the stickies at the top of each of the three AVIC F-Series forums, after that, then you would be in better shape to ask for more info on the items you don't understand.

Stickies are your friend!

http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=19170

http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=19118

http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=18977

Why do we still even have the software bypass? its so confusing, there should be a warning to it

"WARNING SOFTWARE BYPASS IS DIFFICULT AND SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE A BIG PAIR".

seriously though, just do the hardware bypass. its easier, faster, stronger, better, longer, bigger, more powerful, and more awesome. (im out of positive adjectives).

the rule to the software bypass is dont do it! do the hardware bypass instead...

now that you screwed up with the software bypass, to fix that problem you screw the software bypass and do the hardware bypass instead.

the DEEEEtails.... are in my sig. good luck and try again.

i love you.

wow thats some response um I dont think I get the hardware bypass either to be honest I can usually fake my way through the software stuff if some one shows me how. I finished all of the install except the vss, my honda guy said to be really careful you can screw you computer up in the car. But all an all the thing is working great an yes that what the wire is for is exact speed to the machine, but it does fine with out it.

Now if anyone wants to show me how to hardwire the bypass that wouldbe great or walk me through the software bypass.

If not I will figure this stuff out eventually. thanks for all your help

Why do we still even have the software bypass? its so confusing, there should be a warning to it

"WARNING SOFTWARE BYPASS IS DIFFICULT AND SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE A BIG PAIR".

seriously though, just do the hardware bypass. its easier, faster, stronger, better, longer, bigger, more powerful, and more awesome. (im out of positive adjectives).

the rule to the software bypass is dont do it! do the hardware bypass instead...

now that you screwed up with the software bypass, to fix that problem you screw the software bypass and do the hardware bypass instead.

the DEEEEtails.... are in my sig. good luck and try again.

i love you.

I hope you have your nonsense saved in a text file somewhere and just do cut and paste to every thread here... It would be sad to type it out every time :)

I hope you have your nonsense saved in a text file somewhere and just do cut and paste to every thread here... It would be sad to type it out every time :)

hahaha I really should have it saved because everyone here is pretty much asking the same question everytime. I have to blame the software mod for that because its really confusing everyone, even me when i first attempted the bypass myself.

Search for the hardware bypass for dummies thread, it really is THAT easy, if you wired anything, you can move a wire, then ground it and the parking brake lead from the AVIC.

way way WAY easier then mucking around in the software bypass.

http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=19689

feel free to ignore supes... I do..

yeah, basically she just said everything I said, but in a more condensed form, even used the links I had in my signature, like I also said to check out.

i love her too... but i have to love her in secret. :(