AVIC411.com

WTF!! FedEx Stole My D3

So, I purchased a Avic D3 on ebay from a seller with a 100% rating. It came with the bluetooth adapter, new 2008 map disks, ipod cable, and the remote. I was the winning bidder at $610.

Anyway, I received the package and immediately knew something wasn't right, because the box didn't weigh anything. It looked like the box had been opened and re-taped. Upon opening the package the only things in there were the empty boxes for all the equipment. Looking at the tracking information it list the weight as 12 lbs. So, I'm pretty sure the seller did ship the items and the items were taken while being shipped. I paid for insurance on the package and have filed a claim with FedEx. What can I expect now?

This was the replacement D3 for the Avic D3 that was stolen out of my truck in December :evil: Fing thieves need to be shot on sight. They should have to pay back every single cost associated with having to deal with their actions. Then I should be free to take anything they have of value as a consolation prize :twisted:

Paid with credit card through pay pal.

I have my packages shipped to a private post office, because I travel out of town a lot. They signed for the package.

I'm going to wait and see what FedEx does before filing for a stop payment through my credit card.

What does the online FedEx tracking say about the weight? Anyone can prepare a shipment that "weighs 12lbs" according to the sticker on the front of the box, but on FedEx's website, it will have actual shipping weight...down to the tenth of a pound, i believe.

What does the online FedEx tracking say about the weight? Anyone can prepare a shipment that "weighs 12lbs" according to the sticker on the front of the box, but on FedEx's website, it will have actual shipping weight...down to the tenth of a pound, i believe.

Not true, when a shipment is prepared online by the end user, they can input any weight they want. That same weight is what will appear online in the tracking details as well...

Just outa curiosity how much feedback did the seller have? I know you said 100% but a seller could have 8 feedbacks and still be 100%

100% feedback with 71 ratings, both as a seller and as a buyer. The seller has been in contact with me and said he would help out. I'm still waiting on FedEx to do something. I'm going to call them and check on the status.

Not true, when a shipment is prepared online by the end user, they can input any weight they want. That same weight is what will appear online in the tracking details as well...

I have prepared shipments at 8lbs, and had the tracking online show the exact weight. I guess it depends on the location. I drop everything at FedEx/Kinkos and I watch them scan the tracking label & input exact weight before.

Either way...any update here?

I have prepared shipments at 8lbs, and had the tracking online show the exact weight. I guess it depends on the location. I drop everything at FedEx/Kinkos and I watch them scan the tracking label & input exact weight before.

Either way...any update here?

Oh that must be why then. I always drop mine off at them mom and pop stores and they just toss the packages in a pile and wait for Fedex to come pick them up lol

• 1 month later...

1.5 months later finally some resolution to all this.

FedEx finally got their head out of their ass and came to inspect the package. It only took them a month to get around to doing that. Oh, and they came for an inspection and didn't even give me a call. I was able to reschedule leave the package at the private post office for them to inspect it there.

FedEx insurance will cover the loss. That check is being sent to the shipper and then the shipper will reimburse me over paypal.