AVIC411.com

Phone Book edit software

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can I add contacts and numbers to this list?

The reason I ask is because my F90 does not grab all of the contacts out of my LG VU (CU920). I was able to sucessfully edit them with the SQ Lite program but I do not really know how to use it other than changing the current entries around; i.e. Name, number, phone type.

Thanx for the help!

Bud

Yes, add all your contacts in the format that I explained. You can add, modify, and delete contacts. AND your voice dial will work perfectly.

Is it possible to get this in a standalone file? Sorry to be a pain, but I'm not so cool with an app that I can't save to my desktop and scan for a virus before installing. Also if in a year I want to edit and this post is gone or the link is dead, I can keep a local copy.

Has nothing to do with you or your brother, I'm sure the app is kick-ass, it's just how I try to stay safe with my machines. No offense intended here.

• 3 weeks later...
My caller ID won't work after I used your program and entered all the names and numbers. Is there anything else I need to do in order to get Caller ID to work for incoming calls? Thanks.

Sometimes that depends on your phone not the navi, like my palm treo 700p wont allow the f90 to show call-id. BUT if i call using the contacts that i set up in the program it shows who i called them b/c its not the phone sending info to the navi, its the navi sending it to the phone.

Darzide:

My phone is a Nextel Blackberry 5310i. I would tranfer the contacts, although when it was done the DB was hopelessly jumbled and VR would not work.

With your brother's app I cleaned and organized the DB and it now works. Thanks!

As an observation, this application is actaully better for setting up your contacts because you can assign a specific name for the contact that the system recognizes.

Is it possible to get this in a standalone file? Sorry to be a pain, but I'm not so cool with an app that I can't save to my desktop and scan for a virus before installing. Also if in a year I want to edit and this post is gone or the link is dead, I can keep a local copy.

Has nothing to do with you or your brother, I'm sure the app is kick-ass, it's just how I try to stay safe with my machines. No offense intended here.

YES!

I'm not worried about the virus because my scanner is constantly scaning incoming connections so it would be detected and stopped right away; but I would like it for the future in case his server is down

I copied the Phonebook I sent to my AVIC-F90BT from my BlackBerry Curve 8310 to an SD Card after booting to Test Mode, copied that file to my PC, and then edited it using the application discussed in this thread. I proceeded to copy the edited file from my PC to an SD Card, booted the AVIC-F90BT into Test Mode, copied the from from SD Card to the AVIC flash drive (to the proper location). While my Contacts are much better organized now, VR does not work with them. When I press MULTI-CONTROL, wait for it to come up, say "Call Mom mobile", the AVIC-F90BT says something along the lines of "There is no phone connected" or "There is no phone available". But I go into the Phone Settings and see that my BlackBerry Curve 8310 is connect to the AVIC-F90BT via Bluetooth. I then go into Contacts, scroll to my Mom's Mobile number which is in the database as Mom mobile, press the icon for that number and it starts dialing. I hang up and press MULTI-CONTROL again, wait for it to come up, and say "Call Mom" only to receive the same response from the AVIC-F90BT..."There is no phone available.". I can receive calls on the AVIC-F90BT using Bluetooth and the reception is perfectly fine. I was able to use VR before I edited the Phonebook database using the application discussed in this topic. What gives?

I copied the Phonebook I sent to my AVIC-F90BT from my BlackBerry Curve 8310 to an SD Card after booting to Test Mode, copied that file to my PC, and then edited it using the application discussed in this thread. I proceeded to copy the edited file from my PC to an SD Card, booted the AVIC-F90BT into Test Mode, copied the from from SD Card to the AVIC flash drive (to the proper location). While my Contacts are much better organized now, VR does not work with them. When I press MULTI-CONTROL, wait for it to come up, say "Call Mom mobile", the AVIC-F90BT says something along the lines of "There is no phone connected" or "There is no phone available". But I go into the Phone Settings and see that my BlackBerry Curve 8310 is connect to the AVIC-F90BT via Bluetooth. I then go into Contacts, scroll to my Mom's Mobile number which is in the database as Mom mobile, press the icon for that number and it starts dialing. I hang up and press MULTI-CONTROL again, wait for it to come up, and say "Call Mom" only to receive the same response from the AVIC-F90BT..."There is no phone available.". I can receive calls on the AVIC-F90BT using Bluetooth and the reception is perfectly fine. I was able to use VR before I edited the Phonebook database using the application discussed in this topic. What gives?

did you turn on VR indexing in the system settings? you might need to allow that to run one time to update the VR to the new contacts. then turn it back off after its updated. might help, might not, but hey, what could it hurt to allow it to run one time.