AVIC411.com

Are new F Series coming out anytime now?

I was about to purchase a F90BT, but I am concerned that these units will soon be discontinued and replaced with upgraded units. Why? Well I called a shop in town and they said they are no longer stocking them because they have been recalled by their distributer because of the buggy software?? Then, I went to Best Buy today and they have all the F series with tags that read “close-out†model. And finally, Pioneer.com lists a $200 instant discount on all F series models until the end of March. Am I being paranoid or are new model coming out any time now?

I live in Albuquerque NM. The store I called is called Audio Express. http://www.audioexpress.com/ You can find the phone number in the store locator link on that page. I don't know the name of the guy I talked to, sorry. I'll go to Best Buy again this week and take a picture of the price tag with my phone The price was the same as listed on Bestbuy.com, but it said "closeout model" on the price tag.

I'll dump my F90BT that was my replacement for my D3 that got stolen for a new model that actually works somewhat right. I can't stand the unresponsiveness of this unit and the no track up on 2D mode along with various other issues.

I actually hated the F series so much I bought a D3 on ebay, but some FedEx employee stole that unit during shipment. :evil:

So, looks like I'm gonna be dealing with my F90BT for awhile. :(

Give me the navigation features of the D3 with the graphics of the F90BT, and make the dang thing work faster, and Pioneer will have a winner.

hey memsu,

wow i totally understand what you mean with this f90bt! i think thats what I am going to do now, i have had my f90bt for about 2 weeks now, and i completely hate it, just look what i wrote in my most recent post about the problems.

i am actually plannin on getting the D3, because I have heard really good things about it

@dmode101

Please don't go to Audio Express. I took my 2006 Lincoln Zephyr in to the one on the corner of San Mateo and Lomas to have a simple Kenwood CD player installed and they jacked up my wiring. I didn't know about it until Yesterday when I installed my F Series. After they installed it, my FM didn't get any reception outside of Albuquerque, not too big of a deal because I always have my iPod connected. When I looked at the wiring behind the dash yesterday, there's an extra plug that's on the antenna cable that's supposed to plug into the back of the radio. They didn't have the right wiring kit so they didn't even plug it in. They also cut the main factory harness completely off and wired in another harness from who knows what vehicle. So now I have to see if I can get the replacement factory harness and redo it. Looks like they also cut some plastic from behind the dash for some reason. When I was removing the dash pieces to get the radio out, there were 3 bolts missing that they never put back in when they put my dash back together. Before this, I've had my factory unit in since I bought the car, never had anything done to the sound system, bought the car brand new. I'm really pissed about it all. Sorry for the long post, just trying to warn you. I will NEVER go back to them again.

I work as an Installer for Best Buy and the F900 is indeed closeout. This doesnt mean its going away or being replaced though, it simply means Best Buy will no longer be carrying this model. Sometimes there is a replacement or new model being released, but not always. In this case I havent heard of us getting a new model though.