AVIC411.com

AVIC Z1 auto restarts while driving

I have an avic z1 (upgraded to a z3 w/ G Tommey's hard drive). Recently, while driving on 2 seperate occasions the unit shuts off, the car beeps a couple of times like there's a problem, and then the gps reboots and comes back on. not sure what is happening there. No changes has been made to the unit at all recently. I've had the upgraded hard drive in my unit for almost 6+ months.

I wanted to know if anyone else out there has experienced their unit restarting while driving.

Sounds good. I will certainly give that a shot. It was a bit odd when it 1st happened and I was like " what the heck " .. then it came back on. So I thought OK well - maybe it was temperature related as it was hot out the day it happened. then it happened yesterday in 65 degree weather .. so i knew it couldn't have been weather related.

will keep you and everyone posted on the resolution

thanks for the quick response

No I don't. that was one thing that when i had the unit installed was a complete mess. I have an 04 gmc yukon and when circuit city did the inital install - they used the wrong filter. i had since changed that to the correct one and it seemed to clear up a lot of things ..

• 4 weeks later...