AVIC411.com

I was about to buy an Avic F, but...

If you can find a unit that does everything 100 Percent perfect then 1 this forum would probably not be here and all of us would probably would want ever unit that might be. I have been in the car audio installing and selling world for over 9 years and hand down this is one the best units out there in my opionion for the money and features it has to offer. If you are made of money you might find better but pay a hell of a lot more. Just my two cents. Maybe you can spend your 2 cents more and show us what a really indash nav unit would look like we would love to see it.. Thanks Kevin..

As I already said, I'm not looking for perfection. I'm looking for a specific set of very reasonable features. Pause on incoming call is one of them. If you listened to podcasts or audiobooks, you would probably feel the same way. Even on music, I much prefer the correct behavior (though it's not as big a deal with 5 minute music tracks).

The Avic F meets most of my feature set, unlike a lot of other decks. So that's why I was interested in it.

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, I was thinking about the podcasts, or sermons, or self help stuff... You really do want to pause it.

Is there no way to do this when you are on a call? I haven't had my system long enough to know every feature inside and out, but once you're on a call, are you completely STUCK on that call and unable to do anything else?

Can you reach down and hit pause on the iPod?

I agree with kkant on waiting for what you want. Personally, I wanted RDS, built-in HD tuner, DVD, NON-motorized screen, GPS, bluetooth, CDText, in-dash multi CD/DVD changer, SAT radio ready at least, dual-zone, rear monitor outputs, sub outputs, and probably a few other things that I'm forgetting. But when I found out that I could get almost all of this in this thing for less than $600? I signed up, and I love it.

Is there no way to do this when you are on a call? I haven't had my system long enough to know every feature inside and out, but once you're on a call, are you completely STUCK on that call and unable to do anything else?

That's a good question, I'd like to know as well. Also, how many button presses does it take to do this, while on a call?

If you can easily pause the Avic's touchscreen while a call is in progress, then I think this just might make the cut for me. Still, I wish they had done this feature correctly in the first place.