AVIC411.com

F700BT With External HD

No one seems to say much about this. This is my second Pioneer unit that I have done it to. Buy an external hard drive and reformat it FAT32 and throw on a bunch of music. My 5000UB had a limit on the number of folders and files. That is fine. Anyways, before I bought my F700BT I made sure to see what the capacity was on folder and file capacity. In Pioneer's manual I swear it said unlimited. However, I found on a few sites it said only 99 folders and 999 files. I would sure be angry if Pioneer was wrong. Anybody able to confirm the max capacity on reading an external hard drive. Thanks,

Check with Pioneer's CD ROM manual again and at the end you'll see that USB is limited to only a capacity of 2GB. SD is limited to 8GB. I haven't experimented with higher capacity SD or USB keys yet.

Then you should not post about things you have not tried. AVIC will work with a higher capacity USB device.

Don't know if this will work but what if you were to enable disk use for an iPod and put all of the avi's and stuff onto it without using iTunes. You may be able to play them through the unit. Haven't tried this, just though it MIGHT work if someone wanted to try it. I'll mess with mine when I get home tonight.

If using a higher capacity SD card or running an HD works, why not just simply state that?

And if it does, I'd image it might take a while to load if you have something like 5000 files?

Probably because it has been discussed in the forum multiple times already...