AVIC411.com

Avic-F700bt MP4 sound but no video

Hello everyone,

I just purchased the AVIC-F700BT and started installing it. I bought a Metra wiring harness for my 06 Civic and connected all the wires. I did the hardwire mod to allow video playback without the handbrake. I tested out the unit last night and so far, the radio work perfectly but when I tried to test the video playback, I got the warning screen, pressed ok, and the video started playing. Actually it had started playing even with the warning screen displayed. Sound was good, I could fast forward, etc. but there was not video. I will double check the grounding for the mute wire (already moved) and the handbrake wire. However, I would have thought that if the grounding was not correct, that it would not even play the movie. I will also try another MP4 video since I only tried a Heroes S1E1 that I got from a buddy of mine. I don't know what the resolution is but it plays fine in my PSP. Not sure if the video resolution might have been the problem. Anyway, just curious to see if anyone else had seen this problems and might be able to say... oh yeah.. that is simple.. just have to do this... Definately wnat to make sure all my wiring is correct before I button up everything. PS. I was able to bring up the GPS map while the movie was playing.. not sure if that help at all. I also spent several hours searching through the forum and re-reading the operation guide.

Thank you in advance for all your help.

Rich

So does anyone think it could be a grounding issue that would allow the movie to play, have sound but no video or would it most likely be a video format error that would not let it display but have sound? I guess I could try the USB drive to rule out an issue with the SD slot.

i have a similar issue with the mp4 movie that i converted from a computer. On the computer it would play and sound fine. but when it comes to the F700bt, there is sound, but no video. I think its video format compatibility issue. I have much better luck working with DVIX or avi format, so i just change everything to AVI format which works for me, and did not bother to find a solution on mp4. anyway, best luck to you.

First post here-been lurking a while. Just couldn't let this post go without letting you know I had the same problem with some DVD's that I tried to load on my F700BT.

Here's my notes to my self that I made last week that works for my problem videos (some videos weren't so finicky and didn't require these exact settings). You'll need the following freeware downloads (don't have a link at this moment and I'm kinda in a hurry right now).

"DVD Shrink"

"Any Video Converter"

Just google them and download them.

Here are the notes:

Any Video Converter How To

1) Use DVD shrink to copy DVD. Full backup or reauthor.Use as little

compression as possible.

2) Open Any Video Converter.

3) Click "Add Video"

4) Browse to file.

5) Select Profile (upper right corner)

a) Mobile Phone MPEG-4 Movie works.

6) General Tab

a) Pick folder where file is.

7) Output Duration

a) you can select Start and Stop times if desired.

8)Video Options

a) Video code-mpeg4

B) Video size-640x480 for AVIC F700BT

c) Video Bitrate-768 or higher

d) Video Framerate-25 fps

9) Audio options

a) Audio Codec-aac

B) Audio Bitrate-128

c) Sample Rate-11025

d) Audio Channel-2

e) Disable Audio-no

f) A/V Sync- Basic

g) Audio Track- Default

Gotta go catch an airline flight so--I hope this helps a little.

Well, the problem turns out to be the mp4 that I was trying. I remembered that I had some movied encoded in mp4 format on my smartphone so I took out my micosd memory and put it into the pioneer (via a SD adapter) and it played the videos perfectly. Some of the videos were really small but that is because the resolution was small. I then encoded the movie Bolt with the resolution of 640x480 and it played perfectly. Filled up the screen nicely. I guess that movie that I got from my buddy was too large of a resolution or encoded differently to display correctly. Thanks everyone for your responses. Now I can be like Jackie Chan in Cannonball Run... Just hope I don't jump my car while watching a movie... :)

• 1 year later...

Sorry to bump an old thread, but I found this in google.

I too am having trouble with the video playing.

Also, why does it say the ground was improper?

Anyways, have "like a g6" in 1080p from youtube, converting to the mobile phone mpeg-4 in both xvid and mpeg4 codec and going to see how they do.

will report back shortly

Edit: steps worked, BUT:

Video did not fill the screen

Sound was TERRIBLE

After a few seconds, it told me the ground was incorrectly wired and it would not let me view the video any longer.

Edited by casemods

Nope, your right. Thats covered in numerous other threads over the years that detail that these units don't handle video very well over USB/SD. So just about every question you have posted at this point has been covered on this forum but yet you are still posting redundant questions. I think its time you start reading through the various threads on this forum about these units. Its amazing how many questions you can answer for yourself by taking a few days of reading.

Well usually when someone post a thread that has been covered to death on here, the ones that know the answer just ignore the OP's redundant post. And I have answered that question a hundred times before to another hundred noobs that don't want to try and help themselves and it just gets old. Anyway you need to see about getting an iPod if you want the best features of this unit.