AVIC411.com

Australian Map Update (R17 Maps Page 23)

When I bought the unit I wasn't made aware of it, but I made a point of checking online and downloaded the form. I've had a few emails confirming that I'm on the list and a letter saying that it was delayed so I'm sure it's on the way. If it doesn't arrive I've got documentation to prove that they received the form.

Thanks for your help, and if you need any coding help just around on the forum's, I'm sure someone will help. I have two kids to look after but if I get time I'm sure I can help a bit but I'm no programmer. Oh and if you want to get in to hacking the unit I suggest you download the emulation stuff. I got it running on my machine here, it will save you many trips to the car just to see your changes.

Just make sure you do a fresh backup of your unit now that you have updated it before you start playing. Can you up load the data.zip for the V3 somewhere? That would be great.

Off to check the post...

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oh wow can you please tell me where you got the emulator for it and anything else you needed to get it up and running?

I would absolutely love to have an emulated version of the HU on the computer, especially considering my car is parked outside and i have to make ALOT of trips to and from the car.

Thanks!

Also does anybody know how to save an edited file that i opened from the data.zip?

I just followed those 2 links you gave about adding the "delete" and "mute" buttons and it said i had to copy some coding to one of the files inside the data.zip, but now that i have added it and i try to save, it just says it cannot be saved, check the path or filename or whatever.

Do i have to extract everything inside the data.zip file, make the changes, and then make a new data.zip or what? please help

Thanks

Oh wow can you please tell me where you got the emulator for it and anything else you needed to get it up and running?

No problemo. Read the Wiki viewtopic.php?f=34&t=26673

From memory what I did was this but I did have a problem with an error. It told me to download a file from microsoft but that was removed but that page told me to download something else to get it work. It was over 200Mb but it worked.

Once you have it install it will take a while but it will boot Windows Mobile in a window. Follow the instructions on the Wiki page to make a bat file (just a txt file with that txt put in and saved as pioneer.bat on your desktop which you then just click to run). I personally made a copy of "My Flash Drive" and put that on my computer specifically for this so that I didn't corrupt any failsafe backups. It's worked great. Sometimes Navi.exe doesn't work, but if you use mainmenu.exe you can get to the maps okay and if you want the phone second run Tel.exe. It will greatly enhance the whole modification job because at least you can see it working before you spend 10 minutes in the car fiddling around.

Oh and I noticed something wierd too. I used a backup from my Australia F900BT but when I run Mainmenu.exe and click on Destination you will notice that is has MSNDirect listed there! Strange eh. Maybe because the emulation is set to US? I haven't quite figured out why.

Happy playing, just ask for help if you need it. I still have no maps but got a reply from Pioneer that I sent last week and they said they are being distributed over the next two weeks.

Does anyone want to upload there's to rapidshare or something like that?

Also does anybody know how to save an edited file that i opened from the data.zip?

I just followed those 2 links you gave about adding the "delete" and "mute" buttons and it said i had to copy some coding to one of the files inside the data.zip, but now that i have added it and i try to save, it just says it cannot be saved, check the path or filename or whatever.

Do i have to extract everything inside the data.zip file, make the changes, and then make a new data.zip or what? please help

Thanks

Make sure you use WinRAR, you can download a free trial. DO NOT EXTRACT the data.zip. Open WinRAR, open the data.zip in WinRAR and search for the file you want to modify. Double click on it, and it will open in notepad. From memory (it's been a while since I help GTIMatt with the km sounds) you can save it on your computer, then modify it and just drag it back into WinRAR (making sure that you use the same file name and extension). It then compressses the notepad file and replaces it but the integrity of the file is kept the same. You can also add graphics, sounds etc in there for your mods. Then you just upload the data.zip for everyone else to use.

Hope it helps.

Oh thanks alot that really did help!

Just as you said that i thought i would upload it but i came across the already-uploaded data.zip file so i thought there's not much use in me uploading again but thanks for that.

I took the laptop down to the car with me (Vista) and that didn't let me make changes from winRAR and just save it straight back into it, it would say what i wrote before...."cannot be saved, make sure path is correct" so i brought it back up to my computer upstairs (good old XP) and it worked and now im about to test it out in the car!

And I've downloaded the files from the wiki about the emulator, will try it when i get some time and let you know how it goes.

Also, did you mean you want the 15.1 maps from the official update uploaded here? Just letting you know that Pioneer has actually placed a password on the update...so basically even if you upload the maps onto your SD card and put it inside your unit, it will ask you for a media number (written on the supplied update package which you havent received yet) and your device number, which can be found via a 2nd SD card they have provided, or if you have another means of finding it.

Then you have to type them into the www.pioneernavigationupdate.com page and it will give you a password, and you have to enter that while installing on your unit for it to work.....pretty wierd i know but i guess it's just them trying to save a few bucks for themselves.

Also, did you mean you want the 15.1 maps from the official update uploaded here? Just letting you know that Pioneer has actually placed a password on the update...so basically even if you upload the maps onto your SD card and put it inside your unit, it will ask you for a media number (written on the supplied update package which you havent received yet) and your device number, which can be found via a 2nd SD card they have provided, or if you have another means of finding it.

Then you have to type them into the http://www.pioneernavigationupdate.com page and it will give you a password, and you have to enter that while installing on your unit for it to work.....pretty wierd i know but i guess it's just them trying to save a few bucks for themselves.

Ah well it was a nice try it seems they have thought of everything. I'm just impatient and can't wait for them to post my update.

So is the software update on one SD card and the maps on another? I guess it's only the maps that need the code to unlock.

Oh and please can you post your Aussie data.zip with the mods here. It will save us some hassle because I'm not leaving it stock for too long.

Hi rodman1919,

Did you mean you got the hacks for the mute and delete route buttons working after the update version 3?

If so, any chance you could share your data.zip?

Thanks.

Yeah i did...after the V3 update it was obviously missing those mods and i missed them so much, i just had to ask somebody and thankfully lacehim pointed me in the right direction and i finally added them on.

ill try to upload it for you guys within the next few days because im really busy with uni at the moment, but ill post the data.zip here when ready :)

Then you have to type them into the http://www.pioneernavigationupdate.com page and it will give you a password, and you have to enter that while installing on your unit for it to work.....pretty wierd i know but i guess it's just them trying to save a few bucks for themselves.

Ah well it was a nice try it seems they have thought of everything. I'm just impatient and can't wait for them to post my update.

So is the software update on one SD card and the maps on another? I guess it's only the maps that need the code to unlock.

Oh and please can you post your Aussie data.zip with the mods here. It will save us some hassle because I'm not leaving it stock for too long.

That's right yeah, it comes with 2 SD cards. I'm not sure what number 1 actually does, because in the instructions it said to put it inside the unit and turn it on, and then it came up with the white update screen and it was deleting a whole lot of stuff for about 4 mins, and then i put in the 2nd SD card to get the device number....then i went on the website, got the password, and from then on i just had to put in the 2nd Card and it installed everything (V3, maps, stuff like that)

Personally, from reading the forums, i thought we werent going to get V3 but then as it was installing everything, i saw it said "WINCEIMG" i was like :shock::D AWESOME!!

I'm so much happier with the unit now....but the only mods i have done so far is the "delete route" button which is used when u touch the compass icon, and the "mute guidance" button....so ill upload the data.zip in the next few days .

Hey guys, i was trying to upload the data.zip but its 5.57mb and this thing isnt letting me upload more than 2mb, so i tried just uploading the navigatemap_800_480.ui file but it said "The extension ui is not allowed. The upload was rejected because the uploaded file was identified as a possible attack vector." so i don't know how else to upload the data.zip.....any suggestions? because im happy to send it to anyone who needs it.

By the way on an unrelated topic, i think it's so dreadful that this unit doesnt accept USB more than 4gb!

My mate bought a JVC headunit (low end) which only plays DVD's, for $499 and he has a 16gb USB in there, and then this Pioneer F900BT cost $1700 and its basically the best Pioneer has to offer at the moment and it wont play more than 4gb and even THAT I'm lucky to have (it says 2GB in the manual)

I would've thought the upgrade to V3 MIGHT fix it but nope....its embarrassing, i expected alot more from something this valuable.

Hi rodman1919, did you try upload to the AVIC411 forum or Rapidshare?

http://www.rapidshare.com/ should let you upload a 200MB file for free...

Best to ZIP everything up and maybe even password protect the ZIP if you want to keep it just to forum members... (oh, pls do share the password with us...)

On the USB issue, I have a 4 GB SDHC SD card in there and it worked fine so I assumed that the higher capacity USB's should be Ok too. I have to check it out and see if any different on my unit or maybe there are different USB specs?

i think it's so dreadful that this unit doesnt accept USB more than 4gb!

I had an 8Gb USB connected before I bought my ipod 120Gb. The only reason I upgraded was to play video full screen to the rear screens because the USB didn't do it very well. I doubt there would be much of limit. Maybe just try another USB stick.

The SD card I use is 4Gb, I also used a microSD with a SD adapter and it worked fine too, also 4Gb.

Oh and I'm still waiting for the update...... checking the mail is getting really frustrating.