AVIC411.com

Australian Map Update (R17 Maps Page 23)

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have just updatedmy unit to Firmware version 3. It seems Australia is always left behind so I bit the bullet and installed the update for the 910 on my 900.

I nearly have everything working and have navetek maps I think that are from 4th quarter last year which I think support the signposts with ezirider 3, I will test this when I go to Sydney one of these days.

The only thing to finalize is getting the Australian voices working as I'm stuck with a US voice which is actually very very good and clear, I think I'm happier with it instead.

I will also need to re test suna when back in Sydney.

One thing I can now say is that I like the unit, it is so responsive and the touch screen is working like it should not when it feels like. With version 2 firmware I was getting to the point of binning it.

When I finish testing I might find some time to write a guide.

I have just updatedmy unit to Firmware version 3. It seems Australia is always left behind so I bit the bullet and installed the update for the 910 on my 900.

Did you use the US 3.0 update or the EW one? A guide would be great when you get it running just the way you want it. My 2.0 is working okay but I wonder if some of the quirks I'm putting up with have been solved by updates. The maps are so far behind it's unreal, and Pioneer replied to my email saying that the "new maps" to be released at the end of this month will be Whereis 15dot1 which is nearly a year old anyway. I installed them about 6 months ago.

yeah please do write a guide to how you did it if its not too much to ask man!

i tried installing the US 3.0 and just changing their maps with the Whereis15dot1 in this forum but it didnt work and the "system startup" message wouldnt go away and so i found out the problem was the ezrider file....sooo im waiting for Pioneer in Australia to perhaps give us the update we sorely need deserve after paying so much more than the Americans and being left in the dark while they get everything they want!

Just a question, considering we already have the new 15dot1 maps installed from in this forum, when the official one gets released from Pioneer, that will apparently get the SUNA traffic updates up and running, but the thing is, when i install THEIR maps they send, the maps will be the same, but i wont have those little hacks like muting the guidance and the "delete route" button and the other little addons.

Is there anyway to install their maps for the sake of getting the SUNA updates and still have those mods??

Thanks

FYI just got a reply from Pioneer re update.

The LPUE080 file will assist with the following. The installation instructions are included with the V2.0 software update (2.0 has now been removed from the website and replaced by 2.009).

- Improvement of system stability (fixing "file crash" error, rebooting, etc.)

- Dummy file has been added to APL3 folder as some decompression software can not decompress empty folders

- Auto file correction has been added for the setting file to prevent that the file becomes corrupt { BE GREEN, Read from the Screen. }

Rodman, Hopefully the map update will just update the maps and the licence. 34by151 who bought us this great Australian Map Update seems to think that SUNA requires a encryption key to receive the data. We can already get Melbourne, but even using 15dot1 maps we can't receive Brisbane or Sydney data. We will have to wait and see.

I'm going to try the update to 2.009 next week. I will return the unit to stock, then load the update and reload all my hacks and I'm sure GTIMAtts 2.0 datazip will still work because it's based on 2.0. Might be different when we go to 3.0, that's if Australia ever gets it.

I still have problems with ipod control and bluetooth mobile volume at the receivers end but they seem to be unfixed with these updates. Pioneer are just ignoring them.

Did you use the US 3.0 update or the EW one? A guide would be great when you get it running just the way you want it. My 2.0 is working okay but I wonder if some of the quirks I'm putting up with have been solved by updates. The maps are so far behind it's unreal, and Pioneer replied to my email saying that the "new maps" to be released at the end of this month will be Whereis 15dot1 which is nearly a year old anyway. I installed them about 6 months ago.

EW firmware for the F910 as they do not have firmware 3 for the F900. I may still do a write up but I still cannot test SUNA or the signposts as I'm not in Sydney.

The maps I have are from the 4th Quarter of 2008. I d not have or cannot find anything newer. I also dont believe that Sensis maps v15 support signposts anyway. Sensis maps V14 are not compatible with the ver 3 update and I will only assume the same for V15, so I don't think Australia will be getting a ver 3 firmware update.

My version 2 firmware with suna always worked properly anyway so I can not comment on that not working in other peoples units.

You would still needto redo the mods as ver 3 changes the data.zip file.

I just like pushing the screen now and having an instant response, I cannot compare how good it is now to how crap it was before as the changes are so immense to me.

I was told by pioneer that a map update was due in August and as usual it has never seen the light of day.

I got a letter last week saying that the map update has been delayed to mid September or early October.

Also I believe that V3.0 in the US at least is using Igo 8.3 which is why it was released with new maps. We would also require new maps to but knowing our luck Pioneer Australia will release that in a few years! :o( I've seen a few sites with downloads for 8.3 Aussie maps but I don't know when they were released.

I can now confirm that the Australian navteq maps show the sign post for metro motorways with firmware 3. It beats having to try and look at the silly lane arrows.

I cannot confirm if TMC works as I only did a simulation. It does appear to scan for the transmitter though.

Now just need to try and figure out the voices as the Australian one will not work.

If anyone has Australian voices for IGO 8.3 can they please point me in the right direction. Version 8 voices do not appear to work.

Can someone look at the distance to destination and tell me where to make changes in the data.zip, The distance overlaps the "KM"

3d Buildings Excuse the overlay, camera took shot on change of screen.

Sign Posts

More signposts. Note 3d bridges.

More Sinposts

post-16182-12872759178957_thumb.jpg

post-16182-12872759186169_thumb.jpg

post-16182-12872759205426_thumb.jpg

post-16182-128727592065_thumb.jpg

Have test TMC. Only just got reception up the backyard in Newcastle.

The funny thing is we dont have TMC up here but there were 2 local incidents anyway.

All seems to e working except for TTS. Voices, just need to get some version 3 and see if they work, and fix the overlap on distance to finish.

post-16182-12872759212847_thumb.jpg

post-16182-12872759217752_thumb.jpg

post-16182-12872759220105_thumb.jpg

post-16182-12872759221276_thumb.jpg

Have test TMC. Only just got reception up the backyard in Newcastle.

The funny thing is we dont have TMC up here but there were 2 local incidents anyway.

All seems to e working except for TTS. Voices, just need to get some version 3 and see if they work, and fix the overlap on distance to finish.

ohhh man can you PLEASE PLEASE write a guide about how to get 3.0 up and running and get the Sydney or Australian maps running on it with the road signs and TMC and everything??

You're a legend for getting that to work....finalllyyyy lol!

i live like 20 mins away from bobin head read by the way :)

OK. will do a write up and post the flash disk.

But first I have another issue, bluetooth stopped working. I will do a fresh install and try to resolve this issue and do a write up on the way.

Stay tuned as it may take me a couple of days. I want my bluetooth fixed first.