AVIC411.com

Australian Map Update (R17 Maps Page 23)

All of the stuff and lots more is in the next version

I have finished some of the mute changes, If you have mute off it will return to off after a TMC or Speed cam announcement.

A new setting will be in the next version for the mute default. So it will default to either on or off when you start a new route

Have a read of this thread for all the TMC add-ons. but Sort on route, Ask before avoid and manual tune will all in there

Cheers

34by151

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi 34by151,

Just installed the latest beta and its FabO. playing with the settings it occured to me as I'm sure to most of the forum members who have seen your work, why isnt pioneer breaking your door down???

Couple of little things;

the speed zone reading is too high in the white box so that it covers the text above,

I cant find the 3d button, is it there?

the voice guidance just does not want to work, is there a global switch?

and the bluetooth has lost the previous pairing and wont pair with my iphone 3gs.

thanks again, Mark

Hi 34by151,

Just installed the latest beta and its FabO. playing with the settings it occured to me as I'm sure to most of the forum members who have seen your work, why isnt pioneer breaking your door down???

Couple of little things;

the speed zone reading is too high in the white box so that it covers the text above,

I cant find the 3d button, is it there?

the voice guidance just does not want to work, is there a global switch?

and the bluetooth has lost the previous pairing and wont pair with my iphone 3gs.

thanks again, Mark

Things have progressed well beyond that version. The good news is the new version is close to being released. Diaftia' and myself have combined efforts to release a new version. So what you have is about 15 revisions behind the latest beta. I'm not going to go into all the mods added because the list is way too long other than to say the things I have listed in this forum are either done or in the process of being done as well as lots more. Also have a read of Diaftia's thread for more info on this.

Your bluetooth is probably not working because you have accessed the MSN features. This creates MSDN files in the user/userdata/igo/save directory delete these files and bluletooth will start working again.

One of the first thing I worked on was combining all the 4 versions. OZ, US with msn, US without msn and Euro. On the new version you can select your model type to enable/disable the relative features. You also have the ability to fix things like bluetooth from the menu's if you kill bluetooth by starting msn

Cheers

34by151

Is your blutetooth working or is it an Iphone issue?

Check your Bluetooth options in the phone menu. Look in in the upgrade section to see if if the software is loaded. If it is try another phone. If it is not loaded sounds check that you don't have MSDN files in the save directory

Failing that do some searching there is lots of info here on bluetooth issues

Cheers

34by151

Really looking forward to the next version, when will you release it?

Sort answer as soon as possible,

Long answer when i'ts ready :D

The list of mods is getting shorter by the day. Lot's of really nice stuff most of which has not been posted in either thread. At a guess 80% of the code in the last version has been rewritten so far. There is over 3000 lines of code in the menu alone. So its a big one.

the menu now has a list of functions behind it. You can long press a menu button for the list and chouse an new function. So you can totally customise the menu's as you like to have them. There is even blank menu included that you can fill out and call with one of the buttons

As another example I have spent this weekend rewriting and then adding new features to the POI Functions. Things like show poi along the route (with distance, direction and detour distance), sort by detour, distance, name, type. Stuff like that

Diaftia and myself will be releasing it as "Hybrid Mods V3" as soon as it is ready but it wont be much longer

Cheers

34by151

This really sounds awesome, but also as an enormous amount of work.

List of features seems unmatched in todays world of navigation devices/units. Makes me wonder of I should not buy a replacement unit just in case mine crashes or breaks (or like my previous volkswagen unit gets stolen :-( ...)

hi 34by151,

tried to pair another phone with no luck.. then i downloaded bletooth ver 2.9 and 3.3 us and uk versions (couldnt find AU versions), and tried to update using the phone menu, in all the variants it said that it failed to update...

i tried the deleting of the save folder and copying over the parrot files as suggested in the forum, stil no cigar.

am i missing something??? thanks for your help.

In Test mode, do you have any MSDN files in /user/userdata/igo/save, if so delete them.

Starting msn on TMC models breaks blue tooth.

When you go into update blue tooth, does it "not found" or "not loaded" , if it does you need to reload wince

If you do apply a blue tooth upgrade DON'T use the us one, use the UK one.

I run 3.3UK version

Cheers

34by151

What update?

Did you have any msnd files?

In the blutetooth upgrade menu, is blutetooth loaded and running?

You can reload Wince via the service menu. Do a search and you will find that.

DO NOT attempt to reload wince if you don't know what you are doing

You can easily brick your AVIC and your only option will be to send it back to pioneer

If the bluetooth upgrade menu shows bluetooth is loading wince is fine

Cheers

34by151

hi 34by151,

I've screwed something up....

now the menu says Version: Not Found

I'm clearly not very clever... I couldn't get the BT to update because it kept failing, so I thought I would have a go at fixing the lack of voice guidance (i tried your earlier suggestions but they didn't seem to work), so I notices you had a share directory on 4Share called APL2 sounds.rar (or something like that), and the geneous that I am that I am, thought great, this might fix the missing sound!!! i uploaded it to my flashdisk overwriting all the files. this didn't fix the voice guidance but now the BT update is showing NOT FOUND.....

I'm so mad with myself...

Is there an idiots guide for me to get this sorted out. I really need the BT for work. If there is no current fix for the the navigation audio then so be it.

Please....Please help me... :oops::cry:

Try deleting all the files from my flash disk and restoring your backup.

If your Bluetooth is still "Not Found" you have 2 options reload V3 firmware manually or send it back for repair.

You can search and find the info on that but I don't recommend you flashing the unit yourself. You have to know waht you are doing and can easily brick your unit

Cheers

34by151

Just wanted to thank everyone that contributed to the version 3 updates, I was reluctant to mod my unit as I did not want to brick it, but after reading 34by151's instructions it was simple as so thanks for your hard work mate. If only Pioneer released the unit like this to start with.