AVIC411.com

Quick Tutorial On Font Placement Please

I got a brief explaination of the X, Y & Z coordinates from our resident know-it-all :) Boris about grid placement and "Z"'s with respect to how it works regarding object placement but I need to know when to/not to use "the "H".

Here are to lines of code regarding clock placement with respect my particular mod yet both of them are identical as far as position on the screen. One of them has the "W" and the other does not yet they did not change.

With the "H" in the code string:

And without the "H" :

Yet both yielded the same result.

Am I going nuts here??

Also, when does a "W" come into play when that is used as well??

Thanx,

Bud

I got a brief explaination of the X, Y & Z coordinates from our resident know-it-all :) Boris about grid placement and "Z"'s with respect to how it works regarding object placement but I need to know when to/not to use "the "H".

Here are to lines of code regarding clock placement with respect my particular mod yet both of them are identical as far as position on the screen. One of them has the "W" and the other does not yet they did not change.

With the "H" in the code string:

And without the "H" :

Yet both yielded the same result.

Am I going nuts here??

Also, when does the "W" come into play??

Thanx,

Bud

can't find the W your talking about,

Got it..but I have alot with the "H" as well. Does this have to do with the height of the fonts? Say, if I have a string of text that says "Rumplestiltskin" with a font of 50, then it will be spelled out --Rumplestiltskin-- with respect to the normal font of 50. Now if I put a contraint of w=175 then within a given area to be displayed it might be "rumplestiltskin" because it is wanting to display the word in 50 font still.

Now, if I add the H=110 to it it will still be the same with the cutoff letters but will still display if the constraints call for a more crowded viewing area??

Got it..but I have alot with the "H" as well. Does this have to do with the height of the fonts? Say, if I have a string of text that says "Rumplestiltskin" with a font of 50, then it will be spelled out --Rumplestiltskin-- with respect to the normal font of 50. Now if I put a contraint of w=175 then within a given area to be displayed it might be "rumplestiltskin" because it is wanting to display the word in 50 font still.

Now, if I add the H=110 to it it will still be the same with the cutoff letters but will still display if the constraints call for a more crowded viewing area??

you got me confused there, i am not sure what the H does but for the W i'll try to explain it clearer see illustration below, [attachment=0]sample 1.JPG[/attachment][attachment=1]sample 2.JPG[/attachment]

Perfect!!

Thanx guys!!

...BUd

Also... For something like a BUTTON element, W defines the size of the button horizontally, and H vertically.

If щнг have a TEXT element, I believe without W it will expand as needed to fit the text you feed it, possibly covering up other display elements. If you specify W value, and text is too long, iGO will first squish the font, and then cut off the text adding ЭюююЭ to it.

For TEXT elements, H value has little meaning, although I suppose you could play with vertical alignment of the text within the area using valign parameter...