AVIC411.com

Some little questions!

I am looking to buy a new GPS for my Dodge Nitro 2008. I'm interested in the Avic F90Bt but have some questions that may seems stupid but I still want to know them!

Do I need any other accessories to have access to the Blutooth?

What is exactly the voice control of the radio?

If I already have the Sirius Satellite Radio antenna, what do I need to keep it?

Can we memorize presets Satellite radio stations?

How can I keep my steering wheels controls working?

What other accessories would I need?(Plug harness, gps antenna, dash board mount and bezel kits?

How the maps of the GPS are being updated?

When the GPS is in function, can you listen to your Radio/CD? And if you add a destination to your GPS and switch to another function of the radio, will you lose your map and directions?

When using the SD card, are you able to see all the details of the song(title, album, singer?)

Finally, is it easy to install or you must refer to a professionnal?

Thx! a lot for your answers!

I am looking to buy a new GPS for my Dodge Nitro 2008. I'm interested in the Avic F90Bt but have some questions that may seems stupid but I still want to know them!

Do I need any other accessories to have access to the Blutooth? Nope, All you need is a bluetooth compatible phone

What is exactly the voice control of the radio? Voice Recognition software allow you to control your phone and your ipod with the sound of your voice. you can call contacts by name, dial a number "703-555-1234", and pick artists and albums from your ipod just by speaking into the microphone

If I already have the Sirius Satellite Radio antenna, what do I need to keep it? some factory sirius antennas can be used but i do not know about the dodge antenna. the sirius tuner that comes with your dodge radio will not hook up your Pioneer nav. you will need to purchase the CD-SB10 and an SCC1 to hook up Sirius to your Pioneer

Can we memorize presets Satellite radio stations? you can save Sirius presets just like you can save presets on the FM and AM radio

How can I keep my steering wheels controls working? you will need to purchase a Steering Wheel Interface from a company called PAC. the part is called SWI-PS

What other accessories would I need?(Plug harness, gps antenna, dash board mount and bezel kits? you will need wiring harness, dash/bezel kit, and possibly an antenna adapter for the car's radio. gps antenna comes with the Pioneer unit

How the maps of the GPS are being updated? the maps can be updated by downloading them to your compter and then loading them onto an SD card or USB memory drive which can then be hooked up to your Pioneer to update the maps. as of right now there are no map updates available. the maps that come with the unit will be the latest version

When the GPS is in function, can you listen to your Radio/CD? And if you add a destination to your GPS and switch to another function of the radio, will you lose your map and directions? yes you can listen to the radio, cd, or ipod while the GPS is giving you directions. both functions will work at the same time

When using the SD card, are you able to see all the details of the song(title, album, singer?) i am not sure about this one since i have never used an SD card for music but I believe the answer is YES

Finally, is it easy to install or you must refer to a professionnal? based upon the questions you asked i would recommend having it professionally installed

Thx! a lot for your answers!

Do I need any other accessories to have access to the Blutooth? just your phone

What is exactly the voice control of the radio? push the knob and a screen appears asking you for instructions

If I already have the Sirius Satellite Radio antenna, what do I need to keep it? I assume you mean stock siruis, I belive you will need to purchase the siruis box for pioneer, I have XM, so can't help from there

Can we memorize presets Satellite radio stations? In XM I can set presets

How can I keep my steering wheels controls working? I don't have wheel buttons, but there is a way, search please

What other accessories would I need?(Plug harness, gps antenna, dash board mount and bezel kits? Will need a dash kit more than likely and wiring harness for your specific vehicle, AVIC comes with iPod cable, GPS ant.

How the maps of the GPS are being updated? Not sure, next update may have new maps, or use leetlauncher

When the GPS is in function, can you listen to your Radio/CD? And if you add a destination to your GPS and switch to another function of the radio, will you lose your map and directions? No

When using the SD card, are you able to see all the details of the song(title, album, singer?)Dont use SD for music, sorry.

Finally, is it easy to install or you must refer to a professionnal? I say easy, except for running antennae wires, which is more time than difficult, I have installed all of my aftermarkets and have never had a terrible problem, other than forgetting things. I would say a 3 or 4 out of 10 on difficultness

Do I need any other accessories to have access to the Blutooth? - NO, EVERYTHING IS INCLUDED (JUST PLUG N PLAY)

What is exactly the voice control of the radio? - NOT SURE ABOUT YOUR QUESTION. IF ITS ABOUT CONTROLLING THE RADIO THEN USE THE KNOB AND PUSH IT IN TO ACTIVATE YOUR VOICE RECOGNITIOIN FEATURE.

If I already have the Sirius Satellite Radio antenna, what do I need to keep it? - NOT SURE SINCE I DONT HAVE ONE BUT IT WILL DEF WORK WITH THIS UNIT THOUGH

Can we memorize presets Satellite radio stations? - NOT SURE SINCE I DONT HAVE ONE

How can I keep my steering wheels controls working? - NOT SURE SINCE I DONT HAVE ONE

What other accessories would I need?(Plug harness, gps antenna, dash board mount and bezel kits? - EVERYTHING IS INCLUDED IN THIS 90BT UNIT

How the maps of the GPS are being updated? - IT LOOKS LIKE IT BUT I PERSONALLY THING IT NEEDS A UPDATE

When the GPS is in function, can you listen to your Radio/CD? And if you add a destination to your GPS and switch to another function of the radio, will you lose your map and directions? - NO U WILL NOT LOOSE ANYTHING, WHILE LISTENING TO MUSIC A CALL COMES IN THEN IT PAUSES IT AND U CAN ANSWER THE CALL AND I BEILIVE IT WILL GUIDE U AT THE SAME TIME TOO (DIDNT TRY IT OUT YET).

When using the SD card, are you able to see all the details of the song(title, album, singer?) - YES

Finally, is it easy to install or you must refer to a professionnal? - SOME SAY IT IS EASY AND I'M SURE IT MIGHT BE BUT I PERSONALLY WOULD GET IT INSTALLED PROFESSIONALLY LIKE BESTBUY OR SO FOR LIKE $100-150 AND BE WORRY FREE SINCE THEY BACKUP THEIR INSTALLATION AND WILL REMOVE IT FOR FREE IF U DECIDE TO SELL IT. PLUS U DON'T WANT THE WIRING TO MESS UP OTHER DIGITAL READING IN YOUR VEHICLE.

Why you say wiring is complicated?

If I have the good harness, I only have to plug and play the radio. For the GPS antenna, I just have to put in the dash board. For the satellite radio, my antenna and wires are already installed. So, if I have the good wire conversion, it should be easy.

What do you think?

I just ordered an F900BT through crutchfield for my 08 Jeep Liberty. The Liberty and the Nitro are the same vehicle with only slight changes to the design. I would recommend going to crutchfield.com and entering your vehicle type. When you select your stereo, the website will automatically provide a list of which components you will need for installation. Here is a list of what I needed.

AVIC F900BT $899.99

PAC C2R-CHY4 Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Radio Adapter $64.99

PAC SWI-PS - Pioneer and Sony Steering Wheel Radio Control Interface $74.99

Pioneer GEX-P920XM XM Satellite Radio $80.99

Pioneer CD-IU230V iPod Audio/Video Direct Cable $49.99

Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Kit 2007-U 2007-Up, DD $0.00 (Free with purchase of head unit)

Euro Antenna Adapter OEM F to OEM F to Motorola M $0.00 (Free with purchase of head unit)

One quick warning about Crutchfield though. When purchasing the hardware for the steering wheel controls, adding a PAC SWI-PS will cause the website to tell you you will also need to buy the PAC SWI-CAN2. In your particular case, this is not correct. The PAC C2R-CHY4 contains the PAC SWI-CAN2 part needed to connect to the PAC SWI-PS and retain use of steering wheel controls. The description for the PAC C2R-CHY4 will tell you that there is no need to purchase the PAC SWI-CAN2, but the automated recommendations will not recognize this, and will try to sell you the part anyway. I spoke to a Crutchfield rep before ordering to confirm this. Also, if you do order through Crutchfield, take a close look at your order before punching in your credit card info. They automatically tossed in a wire crimping tool with 150+ connectors for $19.99, not necessary if you are paying someone else to perform the install.

Just to be sure:

AVIC F900BT $899.99

PAC C2R-CHY4 Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Radio Adapter $64.99 That is use to connect the radio to the car?

PAC SWI-PS - Pioneer and Sony Steering Wheel Radio Control Interface $74.99 Thats ok

Pioneer GEX-P920XM XM Satellite Radio $80.99 Did you already have the XM installed in your truck?

Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Kit 2007-U 2007-Up, DD $0.00 (Free with purchase of head unit) That is the bezel/dash kit?

Euro Antenna Adapter OEM F to OEM F to Motorola M $0.00 (Free with purchase of head unit) Is it to play FM/AM radio? Do you need one or two of those?

Does your Liberty has the basic radio of Dodge/Jeep vehicule? JUST LET ME KNOW how its fit and look!

Thx! a lot!

Just to be sure:

AVIC F900BT $899.99

PAC C2R-CHY4 Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Radio Adapter $64.99 That is use to connect the radio to the car?

PAC SWI-PS - Pioneer and Sony Steering Wheel Radio Control Interface $74.99 Thats ok

Pioneer GEX-P920XM XM Satellite Radio $80.99 Did you already have the XM installed in your truck?

Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Kit 2007-U 2007-Up, DD $0.00 (Free with purchase of head unit) That is the bezel/dash kit?

Euro Antenna Adapter OEM F to OEM F to Motorola M $0.00 (Free with purchase of head unit) Is it to play FM/AM radio? Do you need one or two of those?

Does your Liberty has the basic radio of Dodge/Jeep vehicule? JUST LET ME KNOW how its fit and look!

Thx! a lot!

I just ordered from Crutchfield a few days ago, so I'm still waiting for the system to arrive. Having a tracking number is like being addicted to crack when you're waiting for something you're excited for! I keep checking the status every few hours seeing if anything has changed!

I have the upgraded factory stereo with the subwoofer. That's where the PAC C2R-CHY4 comes in. Without it, I would lose access to the existing amp/sub. The car came with factory installed Sirius, but I have been an XM subscriber since it's launch, and intend on staying with them. I was told that it "may" be possible to wire the existing Sirius reciever into the F900, but did not pursue it since I am sticking with XM. Yes the Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Kit is just the dash/bezel kit. And I am assuming the antenna adapter is just to connect the factory antenna to the F900. I will jump out on a limb here and assume that I would only need one.

I will be paying to have the system installed. I considered trying it myself, but I am not extremely competent when it comes to electrical work, so I think it's a job best left to a professional. I'd probably be okay to do it, especially since Crutchfield throws in plenty of installation info for free, but my install guy is already familiar with how to perform the parking brake bypass, and he's not charging that much, so I'm happy to shell out the cash.

I'll post back here when it's all installed and ready to go and let you know how it's working out.