AVIC411.com

Latest Itunes/Ipod update not compatible with Z1

I don't know if anybody has updated their ipod or not but stay away from the 1.3.1 update for the ipod for now. I recently updated my ipod and the Z1 can not read any music off of it. I get an error code (I think 11). My other ipod works fine, it has version 1.1.1. I could be mistaken, but the older version still works, not the new, and this is after resetting the ipod and adding over 3000 plus songs. I hope I am mistaken and somebody has a fix for this because my wife doesn't want to give up her slim video ipod for the bulky old ipod.
I have tried but with itunes 7 it doesn't let you. Normally I would wait to upgrade incase there were any bugs but since i have the video ipod for my wife and itunes 7 is supose to fix some issues or be more in tune for the video ipod i never thought about how it might effect my photo ipod. The plus side for me was that it automatically gets all of the album art for you and i thought it would be good, oh well. I might install my original software on a older pc sometime this coming week just to see if it will install the old firmware. I have a busy weekend but I will keep everyone posted.
  • 3 weeks later...