AVIC411.com

Using the CD-BTB200 module on an F900BT?

I used to own a D3, and the bluetooth was good enough that most people couldn't tell I was using a handsfree system. But it was stolen. The insurance company replaced it with an F900BT.

And I've found the bluetooth to simply suck. On the other end, callers hear wind/hissing, even when the car is off, windows up, no other sounds but my voice. On my end, I head lots of digital noise, and often times compression cuts that result in being able to hear every 3rd word the other person says. (I've tried moving the mic, replacing the mic, even using a Parrot mic, all with the same result)

I looked at using a Parrot unit tied into the system, but my installer says the better option would be to use the CD-BTB200 module. I wasn't aware you could do that, and it's not listed as being compatible. But that could just be because Pioneer sees listing it as unneccessary, with built in bluetooth and all.

Has anyone tried it? I hate to drop the money on the module just to find out I can't use it. I'm not sure how I'd tell the F900 to use the external rather than the internal.

I used to own a D3, and the bluetooth was good enough that most people couldn't tell I was using a handsfree system. But it was stolen. The insurance company replaced it with an F900BT.

And I've found the bluetooth to simply suck. On the other end, callers hear wind/hissing, even when the car is off, windows up, no other sounds but my voice. On my end, I head lots of digital noise, and often times compression cuts that result in being able to hear every 3rd word the other person says. (I've tried moving the mic, replacing the mic, even using a Parrot mic, all with the same result)

I looked at using a Parrot unit tied into the system, but my installer says the better option would be to use the CD-BTB200 module. I wasn't aware you could do that, and it's not listed as being compatible. But that could just be because Pioneer sees listing it as unneccessary, with built in bluetooth and all.

Has anyone tried it? I hate to drop the money on the module just to find out I can't use it. I'm not sure how I'd tell the F900 to use the external rather than the internal.

I very much doubt that this will work, at least in any satisfactory manner.

Question that stands out in my mind is why did they replace the unit with a 900 when D3's are still available?

I am still trying to figure that one out myself. My first thought was price, with everything built in and being the current model, I thought maybe they got a better price on a new F series. But after seeing the bill, that isn't the case. In fact the charges are so high I now want to get into the insurance-replacement-equipment business. Loan sharks don't have a profit margin as high as these guys.

Question that stands out in my mind is why did they replace the unit with a 900 when D3's are still available?

I am still trying to figure that one out myself. My first thought was price, with everything built in and being the current model, I thought maybe they got a better price on a new F series. But after seeing the bill, that isn't the case. In fact the charges are so high I now want to get into the insurance-replacement-equipment business. Loan sharks don't have a profit margin as high as these guys.

With that said, if you were happier with the D3, I'd go back and fight to get them to replace it like for like rather than try to fit the 900 into what you want.

Something may be wrong with your mic or installtion (or a faulty HU). I can drive 60+mph with the windows down and sunroof open, and people have no problem hearing me. I've had it installed since September and haven't had a single complaint with BT quality....granted I had a D3 for about a year and never had any complaints with that either...

My Bluetooth did not pair with either of my phones out of the box. Since I had a Parrot ck3100 that worked really well and so many people on the boards complained about bluetooth I just installed it also. However, before I put the Parrot ck3100 in there, I programmed the PACSWIPS remote control. After putting the Parrot in, it worked great but my steering wheel remote became flaky. To fix the built-in Bluetooth in the Pioneer, I just downgraded the Bluetooth software and then upgraded it. I got the Bluetooth working and my wife says it's OK but maybe sounds just a little worse to her than the Parrot ck3100. I subsequently removed the Parrot ck3100 and now my steering wheel remote buttons work just fine--I did not have to reprogram them. Having the Parrot in line somehow disturbed the PACSWIPS.

The Pioneer bluetooth now works OK for me. Aside from downgrading/upgrading the Pioneer bluetooth software I guess you could try replacing the microphone with a better one.

Even thought the Parrot ck3100 worked better than the Pioneer built-in (and allowed full access to the head unit while talking), I'm glad I am just using the built-in bluetooth now. It's simpler that way.

I know I didn't really answer your specific question, but I hope my experiences can somehow be helpful to you.

• 1 year later...

I think you should look at your install... first of all the sound quality on my F900BT is amazing, secondly, the bluetooth in the F900BT is by Parrot. If you are having issues, you may have a faulty installation, or maybe you have a faulty unit. All I can testify to is that the two F900BT's I have had over the past two years have been awesome, when it comes to call quality.

• 4 months later...

I know this is a very old post but wanted to share my results on hooking up a CD-BTB200 on and F900BT....

Was rather late in the game on upgrading my Pioneer NAV... I've had a D3 for a very long time and its been a great unit.... I had the opportunity on getting a F900BT for rather cheap so i decided to buy it. I found out that pretty much all the connectors on the D3 are identical so i didn't have to change the harness... Only thing i had to modify is the bypass wire location and use the F900BT GPS antenna due to the different plastic harness it uses...

I knew that the F900BT does not support A2DP which i was rather shocked to find out.... I mean the older D3 supported it... Why not the F900BT... So, i decided well, what if i kept my CD-BTB200 connected, would it still work?

Gave it a try and load and behold, the F900BT detected Ext1 as a available choice... I chose it and a rather strange menu came up. It said BT AUDIO as the source, but 1-6 buttons appeared, with band and F1 F2 F3 F4 buttons...

However, i noticed that my iPhone was connected to my BTB200 and pressing F2 made the iPhone play and F1 would make it stop.. So, it wasn't too bad to use the BTB200 as a alternative on getting A2DP. Even track forward and back worked too..

So i decided to keep the BTB200 hooked in so i could get A2DP support for my F900BT.

I will probably play with it some more later on to see if basic pairing with other devices still work with the cryptic menu...

I'll be honest, it works great in a way because it pairs with the iPhone automatically and you don't really need to look at that ugly menu. But, I have a feeling when it comes to pairing another device and bluetooth administration, it will be not that easy...

CiD