AVIC411.com

iPod not working, any ideas

I have an F900BT in my Scion xB RS6. The dealer did the install and it is a mess. I pulled out the radio to add external amps and to fix my iPod problem. The iPod isn't recognized and does nothing. I have the AV1 input set to ipod and still nothing. When I change it to VIDEO whatever song is playing on the iPod comes through the speakers, but still no control from the HU. Anyone have any thoughts as to what can be wrong? Thanks!

You should be able to use either the Apple A/V cable or the Pioneer iPod cable. There are 3 ends: one dock connector to connect to the iPod, one with red/white/yellow RCA plugs for the A/V connection to the HU, and another with a USB end to also connect to the HU - though the USB doesn't connect literally into the headunit, but to a cable coming out of it. ALL of those connections need to be made for it to be controlled by the HU.

And it still sounds like the USB portion is not connected.

You say you have that cable that I provided a link to, yet you claim your cable has no USB plug, yet the link I gave you clearly shows a USB plug?

iPod connector on one end, and the other has a USB and seperate audio video plugs. Again, look at the picture of the correct cable and compare them. There are no other cables needed. The deck has a USB, and so does the proper iPod cable.

Ok I have gone through multiple threads with all different kinds of issues people have been having with the ipod and my ipod still doesn't work. I have double and triples checked that the ipod hook up with the usb and a/v cables are attached correctly. I just got a classic 120gb ipod. I have restored my ipod once i have something like 15000 songs on it. I plug it into the unit and it turns on and says that connected to pioneer but then shuts off. I used to have a clarion deck with a forth generation ipod. When i first got the F90 i was using my old ipod and had no problems and more recently i tried using my dads ipod shuffle and it worked great as soon as i plugged it in it worked... is it that i just have to much music or maybe something simpler. Any help would be amazing because this is super aggravating

Thanks

Alex

My classic ipod has the newest firmware on it also i think its 1.1.2

Does your iPod function properly when it is not connected to the radio. (i.e. can you put headphones in the headphone jack and play music or hook the ipod up to an audio connector through the bottom plug and play music?) the symptoms your describing sounds like a driver issue on the headunit. I had a problem with my computer when i tried hooking my iPhone up to it it wouldnt recognize it. So i deleted the driver and reinstalled it. Not exactly sure how you could do that with the headunit though but i would assume the same theory. possibly reseting the unit completly could help or reinstallling firmware.

thanks for the idea i'll could try that im just pissed cause i hate the radio and switching cds is annoying hence why i bought a stereo with an ipod input... it works fine i use it when i work out everyday so that is why i don't think its the ipod but it seems to but, like today i took off all my songs but 200 of them thinking that maybe the amount of songs whats a problem(I don't think that's the problem but i have done everything else) it worked when i first plugged it in on the way to work but i just went to the bank and it didnt work again so i might just bring it in to apple and see what they say.